Pork Soup???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I have the left over bones, ribs actually, from a bone-in pork loin roast I made Sunday. I cut off the ribs before I sliced the meat for serving and have them sliced into ribs.

So my question is..does anyone have a recipe for a soup made with pork bones with some meat still on them? I'm open to all suggestions! :)

Thanks

I don't know of any specific pork bone soup, but meaty ribs would be good for adding flavor to most any kind of bean soup.

sorry to get a bit off topic slightly but not really LOL i have some raw pork bones and trimmings from when i trimmed my ribs. i stuck them in the freezer and i was wondering if i could brown them either in the oven or on the stove in a pot to use for soup or tomato sauce.

I grew up on my mother's very tasty pork bone soup. Simmer pork meat and bones in water seasoned with some salt for at least one hour until meat is tender. Defat. Add radish (sliced into 1-inch thick pieces) and napa cabbage (2-inch cuts) until soft. Serve hot.

Thanks all. Never had Korean but it looks great! SO is not into spicy foods so I'm going to have to pass on that one. Been thinking about it and here's my plan for tomorrow:

Soaking navy beans over night tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll take the rib remains and brown them off in a dutch oven, then saute a bit of onion and garlic. Add the beans and some of the soaking water, boil then bake off in a 250 oven for a few hours then add carrots and celery and a big can of diced tomaotes and finish cooking.

Thanks all. Never had Korean but it looks great! SO is not into spicy foods so I'm going to have to pass on that one. Been thinking about it and here's my plan for tomorrow:

Soaking navy beans over night tonight. Tomorrow morning I'll take the rib remains and brown them off in a dutch oven, then saute a bit of onion and garlic. Add the beans and some of the soaking water, boil then bake off in a 250 oven for a few hours then add carrots and celery and a big can of diced tomaotes and finish cooking.

A couple chunks of nice smokey slab bacon would work with that also.:)

I'd never heard of pork soup, BUT, I had some pork roast leftover and put that, some really good beef gravy, some veggies, including tomatoes, peas and potatoes. I added seasonings as I went according to what I thought it needed. It came out much like Brunswick Stew and was delicious.

I'd never heard of pork soup, BUT, I had some pork roast leftover and put that, some really good beef gravy, some veggies, including tomatoes, peas and potatoes. I added seasonings as I went according to what I thought it needed. It came out much like Brunswick Stew and was delicious.

Sounds good. I may have to try that next time I make a pork roast.

Here's how it turned out. It was REALLLy good. I'm writitng down the recipe.

Attachments

• PorknBeanSoup_01.jpg
    PorknBeanSoup_01.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 238
  • PorknBeanSoup_02.jpg
    PorknBeanSoup_02.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 245
  • PorknBeanSoup_03.jpg
    PorknBeanSoup_03.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 219
I like to put some pork in my minestrone, along with the chicken and smoked sausage. Anything with a bone always makes the soup taste better, IMHO.

I like to put some pork in my minestrone, along with the chicken and smoked sausage. Anything with a bone always makes the soup taste better, IMHO.

Amen sista!

msmofet...browning in the oven will work just fine. Take them past the point where you think they are "done"...more flavorful the browner they are.

That soup looks wonderful Dave

Amen sista!

msmofet...browning in the oven will work just fine. Take them past the point where you think they are "done"...more flavorful the browner they are.

That soup looks wonderful Dave
thank you sweetie for the reply.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom