Possible Job? Could use some prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prayers ... most certainly!!! Sounds like this is something you really want. And if you could, say a little prayer for me. We are doing our layoffs and will know by the first week of March if I will still be employed. (Please don't let this derail the original intent of the thread!)

Keep us posted girlie!

Sattie, of course I am praying for you! I know the wait will be hard on you, but stay positive. I will PM you one of the things that has gotten me through these months. Maybe you can gain strength and assurance from it, as I did. (My attention span is about 3 minutes long sometimes, so remind me if I forget!).

I am so thankful to have the support and prayers of all my friends and family here. You all don't know how much that means to me. I love you guys!

I have to admit, I really miss teaching. Plus, with both of us being out of work, money has been a big issue.

:)Barbara

Here's hoping it all works out for you Barbara!! Good luck!!

And Sattie, while I hope you aren't one of the unlucky ones, if you are, I hope you find something bigger and better very quickly afterwards. Good luck!

Of course Sattie, of course! You are included - glad you asked. You and Barbara must let us know, please. Is there a jobs forum; jobs prayers, thoughts, best wishes?

I just called. The woman I talked to was so nice. She explained how their program works (It is Huntington Learning Center, btw), and it sounded really great. She asked if I would like to come in tomorrow morning at 11:30 to take a look around and get to know them a little before the kids start coming in. I am so excited!

Well done Barbara, I'll keep thinking of you for tomorrow - hope all goes well and you like them as well as them liking you.

Sattie. keep strong keep working hard and rest in God's love.

Hallelujah

Didn't know how to spell it but I always say this when prayer seems to be heard! To me, this sounds so positive but as I said, it is in His hands. We must trust Him no matter what we think. Hard to not be sitting on the edge of your seat? I usually count the minutes before I have a BIG appointment. Take a deep breath and feel confident that you can handle whatever they want. You will do great! I am praying that all goes well. Good thing you had incentive to call. Good for you!!!!!!!!! Now I am excited!!!!!!!!

I just called. The woman I talked to was so nice. She explained how their program works (It is Huntington Learning Center, btw), and it sounded really great. She asked if I would like to come in tomorrow morning at 11:30 to take a look around and get to know them a little before the kids start coming in. I am so excited!

Cool :cool:
I hope it turns out as good as it sounds!

Just show them the Barbara we all fell in love with!! You will be a wonderful benefit to them!! Good luck!!

I think I need to print this out and bring it in to show them. LOL Your support and prayers mean so much to me!

As the last thing that I always said to my daughter before debate tournaments in high school---go and knock 'em dead---now we have an attic FULL of trophies (her plan is to donate them to the special Olympics)--she even came in first place in extemp in Texas four years ago---it's always been our good luck token and now I'm passing the good karma onto you, Barbara, go "knock 'em dead" tomorrow. :)

As the last thing that I always said to my daughter before debate tournaments in high school---go and knock 'em dead---now we have an attic FULL of trophies (her plan is to donate them to the special Olympics)--she even came in first place in extemp in Texas four years ago---it's always been our good luck token and now I'm passing the good karma onto you, Barbara, go "knock 'em dead" tomorrow. :)
Awwwww! Thanks!

That is so sweet of your daughter to make that donation. Give her a huge hug for me!

I don't feel the least bit nervous, which I normally would because I am terrified of job interviews. I'm not sure how I will feel tomorrow, but I don't think I will be too nervous. When I started going through what I went through at my last job, I fully turned everything over to God. For the first time in a long time (maybe ever) I was able to let go of it all (okay, I think I held onto about 2 1/2% of it, lol). Before I resigned, I looked my boss right in the eye and said that nothing he could ever do would negatively affect my life because God had bigger plans for me. Those plans might or might not include this part-time job, but I am confident that they do include my making this effort. So like "they" all say now, it's all good. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom