Possible Job? Could use some prayer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Barb! On March 12th, keep your ears open. That big squeal you hear will be me squeezing the stuffing out of Andrew and Hannah! (If you haven't seen them, I posted their pictures in Member Photos).

congrats, I'm so glad things worked out. It might not be many hours right now, but who knows what will happen down the line!!!!!!
That is what I am thinking too. Plus I think that just getting out of the house will lift the depression I have had the last few months (I don't feel "depressed" but I don't feel like doing anything. And so I don't. But it has been a lot better lately.).

:)Barbara

Barb,
what wonderful news..I'm so happy for you...Big hugs my friend.

kades:)

LOL I didn't notice that a few of you snuck in and posted while I was posting my last one! I don't want you to think I hadn't noticed! You are all the greatest! {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{All my DC family}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Just getting out of the house will help Barbara, I was like that 2 months ago before I got my job. Everyone tells me I'm in a much better mood lately. Being out of work really drives a person crazy.

They still have to check references, etc., but I start training tomorrow. :cool: It won't be a lot of hours, but it will be better than nothing, and it is something I love doing. It will also get me out of the house and give me someone to talk to other than Cubbie and Mr. Frodo!

Thanks so much for all your prayers and support!

Wow, congrats! :w00t2: I know how relieved you must be to find something- and something you will love to boot!

You're going to be great, Barbara---hang in there and soon you'll wonder how you ever stayed home without going insane......I love my volunteer teaching job...I'd go nuts here if I didn't have something to stimulate my mind and I love my "children". We had a horrible tragic fire at our school this past weekend and we've been cleaning smoke damage off of all the books. The teacher who I worked for had 30 years worth of teaching materials that were ruined. The school is inhabitable. But prayers & best wishes have been answered and we have found a temporary school for one month and then in April we move to a new and larger school. There is Someone looking out for us, that's for sure............so great luck to you, Barbara!!

I had my first day of training today. It went well (just reading about the procedures, taking a couple quizzes on what I had read, getting to know part of the curriculum, and--lol--putting the books away in the right place). I really like the director. I'm guessing she is around my daughter's age. She and I clicked right off.
...I love my volunteer teaching job...I'd go nuts here if I didn't have something to stimulate my mind and I love my "children". We had a horrible tragic fire at our school this past weekend and we've been cleaning smoke damage off of all the books. The teacher who I worked for had 30 years worth of teaching materials that were ruined. The school is inhabitable. But prayers & best wishes have been answered and we have found a temporary school for one month and then in April we move to a new and larger school. There is Someone looking out for us, that's for sure............so great luck to you, Barbara!!
That's terrible that a fire caused so much damage. I'm glad a temporary school has been found. As long as no one was hurt in the fire (I hope that is the case), maybe the fire will turn out to have been a positive thing, since there will now be a newer and larger school. Maybe some local businesses could help provide some of the things the school will need, since so much was lost?

:) Good for you Barbara the first couple of days might make you tired but a good tired but after that you should get a great surge of energy and mental energy. Keep it up and more good things will come. I am happy for you now maybe you can fence the back yard.

I told James last night Katie. He was happy for me. :)
:) Good for you Barbara the first couple of days might make you tired but a good tired but after that you should get a great surge of energy and mental energy. Keep it up and more good things will come. I am happy for you now maybe you can fence the back yard.
I was full of energy there, but I have always had trouble driving at that hour of the day (around 3:00) and yawned all the way home. :rolleyes:

Someday we will be able to fence our yard in, but the pay I get from this won't even cover the bills. It is our only paycheck. But June 20th is coming fast, and then James will (I'm hoping, praying, and very much believing) get a really good job. As the song says, "Our day will come." :cool:

BTW, she said I could come in Saturday for my next training day if I was free. I told her I am free, but that James is only home on weekends, so she said that Monday will be fine. :cool:

Barbara,
I am so pleased about your new job.
I know that you and James will make it. just hang in there.
Marge

Barbara, I've been MIA for several days, but I'm so glad to find this thread! Congratulations on the new job! I hope it only brings you happiness and fulfillment--you sure deserve it!

And thank heavens it didn't conflict with your CA trip!!!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom