Post your turkey leftover recipes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One leftover recipe that always goes really well is to make a shepard's pie using leftover turkey, gravy, stuffing and veggie. Layer in a loaf pan and freeze if possible for a later date, or have it later in the week.

One leftover recipe that always goes really well is to make a shepard's pie using leftover turkey, gravy, stuffing and veggie. Layer in a loaf pan and freeze if possible for a later date, or have it later in the week.

Shepards pie is a great suggestion. Use your leftover mashed potatoes too.

Use leftover stuffing and turkey with this one...Leftover Chicken Casserole.

We don't cook a huge turkey. This year with just the two of us, I got the smallest I could find-a 13-pounder- for dinner.

We use the leftovers for another turkey dinner or two, turkey sandwiches, turkey salad and soup.

Stacked Thanksgiving sandwiches:

A slice of thick-cut country white bread (like Panara country white) lightly toasted. Spread it with cranberry sauce then layer on reheated sliced turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. Top with gravy.

I love a turkey and stuffing sandwich, open faced and drenched in gravy. I have been known to spread cranberry sauce on the bread first as well!

Turkey Enchiladas!
Good one! That is what I was going to say. We always have lots of dark meat left over so this works well. Mixed with beans and sour cream and whatever other goodies you want to roll up in there....

A tradition at my mothers is to have Club sandwhices for brunch the next day. Somebody usually runs out and gets some fresh cut fries from a chip truck.

Last edited:
I love a turkey and stuffing sandwich, open faced and drenched in gravy. I have been known to spread cranberry sauce on the bread first as well!

One year there was no left over cranberry sauce and the difference in the sandwich was huge. I now always get 2 cans just incase. I really don't like them without the sauce spread as the base layer.

One year there was no left over cranberry sauce and the difference in the sandwich was huge. I now always get 2 cans just incase. I really don't like them without the sauce spread as the base layer.

And I eat cranberry sauce any chance I get. I buy it by the case when it's cheaper this time of year. Usually the whole berry, but for obvious reasons this year...jellied.:LOL:

Off to fix up a leftover lunch for work tomorrow!

Turkey soup. There's that carcass leftover to make a nice broth.

Yeah, same here. YOu can add whatever vegies you like.

Second is Potato pirogies, or whatever they called. Grind some of you leftover turkey add some lightly fried onion, mix well. Take some, say two cups or even one, of your leftover mashed potato, add one egg a table spoon ot two of flour mix well. Wet your hands take a table spoon full of potato, flatten on your hand, now take a teaspoon of meat mix, put it righ in the midle and fold the potato around it, Fry on both sides till golden brown.

Make sure your hands are really wet it will be easier to work with potato.

Yeah, same here. YOu can add whatever vegies you like.

Second is Potato pirogies, or whatever they called. Grind some of you leftover turkey add some lightly fried onion, mix well. Take some, say two cups or even one, of your leftover mashed potato, add one egg a table spoon ot two of flour mix well. Wet your hands take a table spoon full of potato, flatten on your hand, now take a teaspoon of meat mix, put it righ in the midle and fold the potato around it, Fry on both sides till golden brown.

Make sure your hands are really wet it will be easier to work with potato.

Those sound great Charlie! Thanks for that idea!!!

I brought the carcass home and we split up the leftovers so I got most of the little bits and pieces. I plan on making Brunswick stew after I make the broth from the carcass. The meat will be added to the stew.

I brought the carcass home and we split up the leftovers so I got most of the little bits and pieces. I plan on making Brunswick stew after I make the broth from the carcass. The meat will be added to the stew.

Great score!:)

Yes, cranberry adds a lot to anything as far as I am concerned.

And I eat cranberry sauce any chance I get. I buy it by the case when it's cheaper this time of year. Usually the whole berry, but for obvious reasons this year...jellied.:LOL:

Off to fix up a leftover lunch for work tomorrow!

I have a recipe for you for when you can eat properly. Make the crumb base/topping for date square and instead of cooking that sweet date filling, just spread a can of whole cranberry sauce over the base and pat down the topping. Bake as you would the date squares. A huge hit around here :)

I have a recipe for you for when you can eat properly. Make the crumb base/topping for date square and instead of cooking that sweet date filling, just spread a can of whole cranberry sauce over the base and pat down the topping. Bake as you would the date squares. A huge hit around here :)

That sounds fantastic and not too sweet! Thanks for the idea, Laurie! Copied and pasted.:)

For me this is the winner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom