PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Carol.
If it's the one from the guy with the chubby hands and around 12 minutes long, that was it. The only thing I did different was NOT precook the sausage. I put in the raw pieces like Giordano's does and it cooked just fine and I didn't notice any excess grease.

LOL Yeah, it was the guy with the chubby hands! Funny but the first thing I noticed was the dimples in his knuckles, and the camera was focused on his hands the whole time. I was glad I watched the video to see exactly how it was done. I was surprised at how easy the dough was to make. He made a very good video.

In case we're making anyone curious, here's the video.

Chicago-Style Stuffed Pizza - YouTube

Thanks Frank.
I never had the real deal, but I saw it once on a food show, probably one of those hour long shows featuring one kind of food from different well known places, and knew I had to make one someday. I may even attempt ATK's version with the butter in the dough, which is supposed to be a good replication for Giordanos buttery and flaky crust.

That's the one, Carol. I liked the way he walked you right through everything and it was as simple as he said/showed. I found lots of recipes for the Giordanos crust on a pizza forum, but you start measuring flour and oil in decimals and that's too much finesse for me. Not when this guy makes it look so easy. So easy I could do it anyway.

Week 16 had my Browns playing the Jets. The "New York" Jets. And where are the NY Jets from? Joisey. East Rutherford, New Jersey to be exact. :wacko:
So off I went in search of foods NJ is known for.
The New Jersey Italian hot dog and New Jersey disco fries (stayin' alive, stayin' alive). Filling food to say the least. :pig:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 143
Oh gosh how I could snarf that down, Pac!!! Love the peppers and onions...are there potatoes in there, too?

Thanks, Fi :)
And there are potatoes in there. Good eye.
I've used this filling/relish before with brats and it's great. This is the first time making the official version with hot dogs. I've got anough leftovers to make another one AND scramble with some eggs :LOL:

Peppers, onions and potatoes are one of my favorite breakfasts!!! I also have made it with different sausages and served it for dinner.

Peppers, onions and potatoes are one of my favorite breakfasts!!! I also have made it with different sausages and served it for dinner.

I have a large deep sauté pan and make an Italian frittata in it for the whole family. Peppers, onions, potatoes, diced salami, Italian seasoning, S&P and about a dozen eggs. I have a large pizza pan and send it up to my daughter's house on that. A short trip to the oven to warm it up, and they have enough for two meals. My grandson loves frittatas. Even cold the next day. But mostly Grandma's. :angel:

Week 16 had my Browns playing the Jets. The "New York" Jets. And where are the NY Jets from? Joisey. East Rutherford, New Jersey to be exact. :wacko:
So off I went in search of foods NJ is known for.
The New Jersey Italian hot dog and New Jersey disco fries (stayin' alive, stayin' alive). Filling food to say the least. :pig:
boy oh boy pac,you've nailed it there mate:yum:!total taste trip,just want to dive right in & swim around a bit before eating:pig:!
need to make a pre chrimbo trip to costco to get some "real" dogs,methinks.the shop bought jobbies,over here,mostly seem to be made of "mechanically recovered chicken" & fillers.....nice:yuk:!
nice job:chef:!!

Thank you, Harry. One thing we Americans aren't short of is our supply and variety of hot dogs, lol.

I need to know how to brine and roast an Eagle. My Cowboys play those dreaded evil awful birds next Sunday night to determine who wins our division.

Just to let you non-football folks how deep my hatred for the Eagles and their fans is...several years ago, our star receiver received a potentially paralyzing neck injury, and their fans Boo'ed him! In the 60's they Boo'ed Santa Claus!!!

Thank god week seventeen is upon us. One more challenge. Pittsburgh today.
I thought I was going to have to make something I've already made, but I found something new last night. More on that later.
GO BROWNS! Give those Steelers a loss today! Play for pride! :wacko:

Thank god week seventeen is upon us. One more challenge. Pittsburgh today.
I thought I was going to have to make something I've already made, but I found something new last night. More on that later.
GO BROWNS! Give those Steelers a loss today! Play for pride! :wacko:

The way the Steelers have been playing this year they won't be much of a challenge. I can't wait to hear what you're going to make.

I saw that, Andy.
I need to make some Buffalo wings again soon. Before it's time to change out my oil.

I saw that, Andy.
I need to make some Buffalo wings again soon. Before it's time to change out my oil.

I did these in the oven and they came out really good. It's easier to manage the heat than on the grill where temp. variations are significant.

Today is the last day the Vikings play in the Metrodome. vs Detroit.

I've got chili simmering on the backburner for Coney Island hot dogs. I've got part of a package of tater tots to go with.

I did these in the oven and they came out really good. It's easier to manage the heat than on the grill where temp. variations are significant.

Yeah, but ever since I made them earlier this season (when we played the Bills) I realized how much I miss "bar wings", or in other words, deep fryed. It's hard to duplicate that texture and the way the sauce soaks into the crispy skin.

Yeah, but ever since I made them earlier this season (when we played the Bills) I realized how much I miss "bar wings", or in other words, deep fryed. It's hard to duplicate that texture and the way the sauce soaks into the crispy skin.

I agree. Deep fried are the best. Baking them in the oven then turning on the broiler at the end to crisp the skin ain't bad.

I plan on getting my deep fryer up and ready soon so I can do some wings, fries, fish and chips, etc.

Whew boy. Well this was good :pig:
I won't even get into the Heinz Ketchup made in Pittsburgh, the only reason I made fries, or the Klondike Bar which many think originated in Pgh that I had for dessert... let's get right to the Turkey Devonshire :yum:
Original Devonshire Sandwich
What a wonderful use for leftover turkey. The only complication was having to pull more bacon out of the freezer because something happened to half my first batch prior to me deciding I was going to make two. oops.
I wouldn't exactly call it a cheese sauce. Comparatively speaking very little cheddar is used, but the chicken stock in the sauce... it was like a rich, hearty gravy. Delicious. Perfect for an open faced sandwich. Especially the way it took a set after baking. :)

Attachments

• Turkey Devonshire.jpg
    Turkey Devonshire.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 166
Back
Top Bottom