PPPC-II. It's baaaack...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some people put raw garlic in their mashed potatoes, figuring the heat will cook it enough as they are mashing and the potatoes sit. As much as I love garlic I always found it a bit strong for me. Beef might have enough flavor to offset undercooked garlic. One never knows until they try.

Some people put raw garlic in their mashed potatoes, figuring the heat will cook it enough as they are mashing and the potatoes sit. As much as I love garlic I always found it a bit strong for me. Beef might have enough flavor to offset undercooked garlic. One never knows until they try.

I toss a couple of cloves of garlic in the water when I am boiling potatoes, pasta and veggies that I cook in water. Then I just leave the cloves in when I drain. :angel:

When I make garlic butter, it isn't completely raw garlic. I crush some garlic, put it in a ramekin, add the butter, and nuke it.

After more research, and a consulting session with Mrs Hoot. We have settled on this recipe for Green Bay Chili.
Mrs Hoot put the kibosh on the recipe that called for suet, and I reckon she is right. Too much fat.
The above recipe intrigues me by virtue of the seasoned oil used in the process.
Thoughts?

That sounds really good. And different. I had to go back and see where the beans where added :LOL:
Now who wants to send me 1/4tsp of cardamom so I can try this? :chef:

I'll be starting my recipes for Baltimore today, as they both require an "overnight" period.

Well, the chili is simmerin'. It's a tick on the sweet side. I used Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. I took the liberty of adding a can of the Chili Fixin's version of Ro-Tel. Not bad at all. Now all I need is a couple of cold adult beverages and for the clock to move along best it can.

For the hot sauce, I was gonna use Sriracha, but Mrs Hoot finds it a little too bitey (Spell check tells me that ain't a real word). I used Frank's. She still says it mighty hot. I think it's gonna be a hit....if it ever gets to be 1:00

I see Detroit is playing the Arizona Cardinals today. Cardinals in Arizona? I had to look that up. Cardinals are the state bird of Virginia, so I didn't think they were indigenous out there, but Wikipedia says they are.

I picked some jalapenos and Fresno chiles from the garden yesterday, and still have tomatillos I picked last week, as well as a couple chunks of pork shoulder in the freezer. I may very well make posole today, with cheese quesadillas on the side.

For the hot sauce, I was gonna use Sriracha, but Mrs Hoot finds it a little too bitey (Spell check tells me that ain't a real word). I used Frank's. She still says it mighty hot. I think it's gonna be a hit....if it ever gets to be 1:00

I was just thinking, 5-10 drops of hot sauce for two pounds of ground beef is barely there ;) I grew up in Michigan and never really developed a taste for the hot stuff till I moved to Virginia. Now I put 5-10 drops on a taco :LOL: I even made my own Tabasco sauce one year. Texas Pete is my favorite generic hot sauce, though.

The Arizona Cardinals football team used to be in St. Louis, although they have a long history in the NFL. They used to be in the same division with Washington, Dallas, Philly and the NY Giants.

I was just thinking, 5-10 drops of hot sauce for two pounds of ground beef is barely there ;) I grew up in Michigan and never really developed a taste for the hot stuff till I moved to Virginia. Now I put 5-10 drops on a taco :LOL: I even made my own Tabasco sauce one year. Texas Pete is my favorite generic hot sauce, though.
Texas Pete has a great flavor although I don't find it very hot. We have a drink called the Hindenburg down at our friendly neighborhood motorcycle club; A shot of Wild Turkey bourbon chased with a shot of Texas Pete. It ain't bad even though it sounds terrible.

The Arizona Cardinals football team used to be in St. Louis, although they have a long history in the NFL. They used to be in the same division with Washington, Dallas, Philly and the NY Giants.

Right and the St' Louis Rams used to be the LA Rams but they left town for St. Louis. The Oakland Raiders were the LA Raiders for a while but they left town too. LA doesn't look good as an NFL venue.

Right and the St' Louis Rams used to be the LA Rams but they left town for St. Louis. The Oakland Raiders were the LA Raiders for a while but they left town too. LA doesn't look good as an NFL venue.
True enough. I always thought LA would be a great venue, but I reckon the folks out in California got better things to do a on a Sunday. I would if I lived there.

If I see "hot sauce" I always go for Frank's or Louisiana hot sauce. Sriracha has a very distinct taste, which brings with it more heat.

Last time, when my Browns played AZ, I went Mexican, also. Some places you don't have a lot of options for their cuisine.

Back
Top Bottom