Pumpkin Spiced Cake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
As I've stated in previous posts, I added eggs, flour, and baking powder to left-over pumpkin pie filling to create delectable waffles. So, of course, I had to make a cake with the wonderful fall spices that dance across the tongue. Here, for my friends on DC, is my pumpkin Spiced Cake, with Pumpkin buttercream frosting. Now all you need is a whole lot of forest, with an Indian Summer, and someone special to walk with you through it, maybe bag a few rabbits, or ruffed grouse, and come home to a bowl of boiled dinner, and this wonderful cake, oh, and a fire in the fireplace.

Chief's Pumpkin Spice Cake:
Ingredients:

1 cup*(2*sticks) butter, softened
2 1/2 cups*all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting pan
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. salt
1*(15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
3/4 cup*evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups*granulated sugar
3*large eggs
Place butter and sugar into mixer, and cream until smooth. Beat in the eggs, slowly, until well combined. Add flour, and baking powder while continuing to mix. Add remaining ingredients and beat to a smooth batter.

Prepare 2 9 inch cake pans with butter and flour. Preheat oven to 350’ F. Pour equal amounts of batter into the cake pans. Bake for 35 minutes, or until inserted butter knife comes out clean. Let cool for 2hours before frosting.

Pumpkin Spice Frosting
1 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
5 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
3/4 tsp. ginger
½ tsp. Salt

Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in remaining ingredients. Use to frost between cake layers, and the top and sides. Enjoy.:chef:

Tip: If like me, you can no longer eat winter squashes (pumpkin is a winter squash), you can substitute cooked and mashed carrot puree, for a near identical flavor, albeit more orange in color.:mrgreen:

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Sounds great. My oldest grandson was born in late November and he sure has fall taste buds. He will eat anything pumpkin. His favorite cookie is a snickerdoodle. He always wants me to make him a pumpkin pie for his bday. Think I will have to make this for him also. Thank you

Great recipes!

Here is a tip that I got from another shopper at the grocery store (yes we were on the baking isle LOL). One can (15-16 oz) pumpkin added to any flavor cake mix, stir & bake ... that's it!

I made this using a spice cake box. It turned out perfect. I would recemmend adding 1/4 cup oil as the cake was slightly dry. You will aslso have a heaver cake.

Back
Top Bottom