Q phail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aww c'mon guys... we could have had some fun with the potato thing :LOL:

Good looking pic, Hyper.
Next time, regardless of the guideline time frame you are following, use a few of the tips mentioned in the other thread to check for doneness.
Once you do it a few times you'll get a feel for things. And there would be nothing wrong with finishing those in the oven if you shut things down on your kettle and just wanted to eat in thirty minutes. Assuming they were waaaay underdone, it looks like they picked up some smoke anyway.

You never mentioned your rub. Was there anything with salt in it?

Are you insinuating I don't know nothing?:wacko: I learned to play Devil's Advocate at a young age. Only thing I wasn't sure about was if the Tater was edible. I'd just noticed there had been no elaboration on a potato probe, mentioned, yes...but no daffynition.:cool:

Ahhh, thanks. Some people use salt, some don't.
I always taste the rub before I put it on, even though cooking will change the way it comes together. It gets me in the ballpark of the flavor I'm looking for. Like today when I had to tone down the red pepper, lol.

Are you insinuating I don't know nothing?:wacko: I learned to play Devil's Advocate at a young age. Only thing I wasn't sure about was if the Tater was edible. I'd just noticed there had been no elaboration on a potato probe, mentioned, yes...but no daffynition.:cool:

Well... errr... you asked didn't you? :angel:

:ROFLMAO:

That's OK. I used one tonight for the first time, lol.
I figured I would monitor the temp at both grates and only have one grate clip thingy. So I used the potato thingy on the upper grate ;)

Back
Top Bottom