Question about olive oil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
point taken - but I use a whole lot more virgin OO for fry/saute than my demand for EVOO on salads/drizzles/the like. kept in the dark cool place,,,, EVOO lasts a decent time.
I buy metal tins of virgin OO, refilling my countertop pour bottle as needed - the metal is a perfect "light" blocker as well as a "perfect" oxygen blocker.

obviously the "quantity demand" for the user's preferred preference is the major $$ factor. but I'm with ya' - like how many bottles do I really need?

point taken - but I use a whole lot more virgin OO for fry/saute than my demand for EVOO on salads/drizzles/the like. kept in the dark cool place,,,, EVOO lasts a decent time.
I buy metal tins of virgin OO, refilling my countertop pour bottle as needed - the metal is a perfect "light" blocker as well as a "perfect" oxygen blocker.

obviously the "quantity demand" for the user's preferred preference is the major $$ factor. but I'm with ya' - like how many bottles do I really need?
I started getting EVOO in a 3 litre can. Yes, it is perfect for keeping out light and oxygen. But, I'm beginning to resent the space it takes and having to decant the oil into a bottle. How often would you figure I need to wash out that bottle I keep refilling?

I have not washed out my counter dispenser bottle in . . . years, at least!
on the counter it's fill volume lasts 1-2 weeks.
whatever dregs are left in the empty counter bottle apparently do not poison the refill....

I only use extra virgin olive oil for drizzling, dressing, dipping and recipes where the flavour comes out. I deep fry in peanut oil or vegetable oil, I pan fry in corn oil, and I sauté in extra light olive oil, except for eggs. I fry eggs in butter (Real butter, not margarine). If I am making Loco Moco I fry the burger in butter. I cook popcorn in Orville Redenbacher's butter flavoured popcorn oil.

So now the REAL question is, if olive oil is made from olives and corn oil is made from corn, what is baby oil made from?

Last edited:
Yeah, I do fry eggs and a few other things in butter. Margarine does not come into my house. Once in a blue moon, I fry in coconut oil, when that seems a more appropriate flavour than EVOO. I used to keep other kinds of oil for other uses, but I just can't be bothered to have that many kinds of oil. I do have toasted sesame oil, but that's mostly for flavour. Oh, and sometimes I fry with bacon fat or rendered pork roast fat. I have also been known to fry with ghee, but I seldom have any.

I only use extra virgin olive oil for drizzling, dressing, dipping and recipes where the flavour comes out. I deep fry in peanut oil or vegetable oil, I pan fry in corn oil, and I sauté in extra light olive oil, except for eggs. I fry eggs in butter (Real butter, not margarine). If I am making Loco Moco I fry the burger in butter. I cook popcorn in Orville Redenbacher's butter flavoured popcorn oil.

So now the REAL question is, if olive oil is made from olives and corn oil is made from corn, what is baby oil made from?
Just sayin there is no such thing as extra virgin olive oil. extra virgin was added to olive oil for human sex traffic business.

Look it up … SEO.
SEO? Search Engine Optimization?

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT GotGarlic AND I HAVE NOT LOOKED IT UP?

Virgin olive oil is extracted by only mechanical means, no chemical means.
Extra Virgin olive oil is the highest quality of virgin olive oil. It is cold pressed. There are regulations about how much acid it may contain.

If you think I'm going to look up extra virgin olive oil and sex trafficking, think again ?

I know what it means and it's not what you think it means. I'm just wondering where you, specifically, got the idea.
Yeah, I didn't mean that we had looked up EVOO and sex trafficking. :ermm: :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom