Quick and Easy Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe - Perfect for Weeknight Dinners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Driss

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share a recipe that I recently tried and loved - it's a simple and delicious chicken stir-fry that's perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner.

Ingredients:

• 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into thin strips
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 red bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 small onion, sliced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:

1. In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over high heat.
  2. Add the chicken and cook until browned and cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
  3. Add the peppers, onion, and garlic to the skillet and stir-fry for another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and cornstarch. Pour the mixture over the chicken and vegetables, and stir to coat.
  5. Cook for another minute or two, until the sauce has thickened and everything is well coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Let me know if you have any variations or suggestions to make it even better.

Cheers, [Driss Belamri]

To avoid overcooking the chicken when making a stir-fry with onions and peppers, you could remove the chicken from the skillet once it's cooked through and set it aside on a plate while you stir-fry the vegetables. Then, add the chicken back to the skillet at the end, once the vegetables are tender-crisp and the sauce is thickened.

one very important detail
To avoid overcooking the chicken when making a stir-fry with onions and peppers, you could remove the chicken from the skillet once it's cooked through and set it aside on a plate while you stir-fry the vegetables. Then, add the chicken back to the skillet at the end, once the vegetables are tender-crisp and the sauce is thickened.

That actually sounds good and I'd love to eat that in a tortilla. Minus the peppers, unfortunately. Peppers and I don't get along well.

How would this taste with rice added to it? Maybe I'll try that, too.

Coincidentally, I made something very similar just last night...Kung Pao Chicken Noodle Sitr-Fry - quick and easy. I used a pack of Ramen noodles to make it even easier, and I added some Bok Choy, because I had it.

Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Thanks, that sounds great.

I like the fact that it’s more of a basic outline than a rigid recipe.

This recipe could be adapted to use soy curls (kind of expensive but delicious). I'd also omit the oil in that case. The soy curls are made of soybeans. Soak them in a chicken-ish broth or veggie broth, some soy sauce, for 10 minutes, then squeeze out excess moisture. We use them every month or so and we really like them in a stir fry. Or as we call them stir-steamed vegetables.

Back
Top Bottom