Quick/Easy tofu recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xCJ

Assistant Cook
Hello, I'm looking for a tofu recipe that is either quick, or easy, haha. I currently have two slices of tofu under a weight draining the water out... and my only plan is to fry them in a pan with butter and a little bit of oil... looking to use them as a substitute for ham on a sandwich. Is there anything I can do to get some flavors going in this tofu, if not for this meal then the next? Maybe a good marinade I can pick up at wal mart? Thanks for any help.

Mix with eggs, and put some flour , pepper, salt and fried it...it will be a tofu omelette :D

With tofu, my first thought is always stir-fry. Take a look at the Ethnic forum here for marinade ideas.

As a general guideline, use 1 pound of protein (tofu, chicken, etc.) and 2-3 cups of vegetables of your choice chopped into bite-sized pieces with 1/2 cup of marinade, which, in Chinese cooking, usually includes cornstarch for thickening and doubles as sauce.

So marinate an hour or so, heat some oil, cook your protein over high heat and remove it to a plate. Cook your vegetables, add the marinade to the pan, bring to a boil and boil 1 minute; then add back your protein and heat through. Serve over rice or noodles.

Forgot about the sandwich part ;)

Depends somewhat on the other ingredients in the sandwich. What did you have in mind?

I fried the tofu with a salt and pepper rub, and it took on the flavor of the butter very well. Next time though I am going to rub it in salt, pepper, and butter, and put it on my mini grill for healthier cooking.

The sandwich consisted of mayonnaise, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, bread & butter pickles, bananna peppers, hot sauce, and of course the tofu. It was really good.

Back
Top Bottom