Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this on reddit a few days. 90 Monarch Chrysalis on a pool noodle!

a1mdo5tpul531.jpg

The thread is a good read.
https://www.reddit.com/r/gardening/...narch_chrysalis_butterflies_coming_to_a_city/

Not the greatest pic...but it was a beautiful sunset this evening. :heart:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 113
I would move there in a flash if I didn't have family ties.

You can literally see for miles - not another soul. Beautiful.

I parked my truck in the ditch and strolled up and down along the road and combination barbed wire and electric fence for nearly an hour without ever seeing another vehicle. This spot is just a couple of miles from town, but you'd have thought I was the only person left on Earth. I grabbed this while I was there too:

i-C2xPmST-M.jpg

Stop... you're breaking my heart.

Don't get me wrong - I love my farm and I might miss a lot of the green. but...

farm country is still busy with tractors, blah blah blah

Heya Tatt, good to "see" you. I love the photos. Have you been travelling?

Thanks, and yes, quite a bit! Trying to pack it all in!

Beautiful pics, Tat and Rick. Thank you for sharing!

Agreed, great shots, Rick!

Thanks, Cheryl!

Wow, TAT, no wonder you've been MIA. You're busy traveling the world! Wonderful pics!

Yeah, it's been busy balancing work and the travel, but my company is exceptional, and I've been trying to get away every 6 months. Having 6 weeks paid a year helps in that department. Gotta do it while I can, go tired of saying "one day", and decided to make today, that day.

We've done London 2x, Southampton 2x, France, Belgium, Scotland, Iceland, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Maine, NYC a bunch of times, and getting ready to head home in October for a week (Bermuda). January 2020 we will be heading to the Bahamas, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Honduras, Belize and 2 stops in Mexico. Plans are still being made for later in the year.

Had an amazing storm roll through the other night, was out in Haymarket VA and had my kit with me, so flying I went.

48419582321_273cecf404_k.jpg

A wider shot

48419580921_972f722f08_k.jpg

Then, the night before last, we got an amazing sunset. The large shadows through the sky are cast by very far off storms.

48435807731_71a5677295_k.jpg

48435710331_0843208fbe_h.jpg

A little closer to home, earlier that evening

48435707381_9433dccb4a_h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom