Random Photo Thread: The Sequel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also a pic I took of my buddies bike when he stopped by

IMG_1252.jpg

Traveled home to help attend to my uncle's estate after he passed away unexpectedly. I hadn't seen him in 34 years, but I needed to be there for my father (who hadn't seen him in about 20 years). Dinner the first night had to be at my traditional Texas haunt.

48395436062_8cd823b824_c.jpg

Traveled home to help attend to my uncle's estate after he passed away unexpectedly. I hadn't seen him in 34 years, but I needed to be there for my father (who hadn't seen him in about 20 years). Dinner the first night had to be at my traditional Texas haunt.

Gotta' have that Whataburger. But, if you got to Whataburger in Aggieland, you gotta' make sure they don't give you two meat patties with a bun between them. ;):LOL:

Sorry, I can't resist an Aggie joke. :cool::angel:

CD

Well, I set a new personal record. Until Monday, the most expensive car I ever photographed was worth between three and four million dollars.

Blew that away on Monday. 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2600 Monza race car. Only two or three were made. They raced under the Scuderia Ferrari name. Superchaged dual overhead cam straight eight engine -- in 1933!

It is going to auction in Riyadh. The seller is hoping for $15-million. That's pretty aggressive, but possible.

CD

Attachments

• Alfa2600-800600.jpg
    Alfa2600-800600.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 115
Oh, I need to explain something. The "hammer price" of that Ferrari was $44-million, and the title of the video says $48-million. That higher price includes the "buyer's commission," which would have been just over $4-million.

CD

CD thanks for the video. That just happens to be my favorite Ferrari of all time. Has been since the 60s!

Awesome gig, CD! Very cool!

It certainly isn't on par with the cars above, but I got to spend the week of the 4th of July with this:

48197759796_246069af91_b.jpg

48197808902_457cb4be9c_b.jpg

48197758516_272fa085b4_b.jpg

Certainly a change from the JCW I daily, a lot of straight line power, and a huge car by comparison.

Nice car, TAT. That is a tough color to shoot for print. It changes dramatically when you go from RGB to CMYK.

I had the first SRT8 in Dallas for a week, about six weeks before they went on sale to the public. I got surrounded by people everywhere I parked it. LOL

CD

Attachments

• Challenger800600.jpg
    Challenger800600.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 105
Hey CG, watch this video. Prepare to have your mind blown...
The concept of spending $44M on a car is completely foreign to me. :shock: Heck, the idea of having $44M to spend on anything, like a small island in an always-temperate zone, is beyond my comprehension.

Nice car, though. ;) I sure hope it was a standard transmission. :LOL:

Super fancy RV resort in Idaho. My first time at a real shooting range. Out in the desert near the Oregon Idaho state line south of Boise.
Third pic I did not care for the wine on our wine tour. I found some craft beer. It was very good. IMG_20190611_162401.jpgIMG_20190613_140309.jpgreceived_2189866674463892.jpg

Nice pictures! How was the Great Salt Lake? Someone told me that it's not as nice to swim in as it was years ago but in your picture, it looks fine to me.

So you have a semi pulling your trailer? I don't think I have ever seen that. Wow! Could your trailer be pulled by an F250 or 350? Or is it too big?

The salt lake water was pretty nasty but it's a once in a lifetime thing.

As for the semi, I wanted a new pickup but this was 1/3 the price. I took the bed out and put seats in for the kids. They have way more room. I have a generator and water tanks mounted on the truck. I can dry camp just about anywhere I want. My ultimate goal is to have solar power so I don't have to run a generator.

Back
Top Bottom