Re: the KFC discussion..........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Re: the KFC discussion..........

In case some of you missed it, I'm posting this here........

995v.gif

Attachments

• kfc.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 82
LT, I'm curious where this document came from. I can't imagine KFC made their secret recipe is available online.

So ARE THEY 100% lying when they say they use 11 herbs and spices in their chicken???

This discussion was brought up somewhere else, and a guy who worked at KFC said that they do not use any milk in their coleslaw (he said other things give it the milky looking dressing). These are the same recipes you will find at the knock-off sites and books.

:)Barbara

If KFC is cooked properly it can be very good. It needs to be dropped at the right temperature so the breading doesn't absorb too much oil. I think the problem lies with poorly trained/paid/managed staff who just literaly throw the chicken in the pressure fryers and close the lid.
I cooked it for a few years back in the '70's and you are supposed to wait for the oil to reach a certain temp before browning, let it fry for a certain time before closing the lid, then releasing the pressure and pulling the chicken up in a certain amount of time. All of these steps are designed to produce a decent quality product, but like most restaurants, the food is only as good as the people cooking it.

Last edited:
The main problem, other than too salty is that if you buy it and take it home with you, the steaming that goes on in the container makes the breading less than as crispy as I like it, and also brings out the grease. YUK.

I guess I live by a good KFC. It ain't so bad.

We used to have a number of Popeye's around here and I really enjoyed their spicy fried chicken and red beans and rice. But, alas, they are no more.

:LOL: Barbara, like a guy that worked at KFC knows?:LOL: I'd guess the dressing is all ready to mix by the time it gets to the stores.
Just sayin.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Me too!!! Not a fan of KFC chicken at all..too greasy! ~~~ However, I did eat some KFC slaw last night with fried catfish....The slaw was/is very good!!

I think it all depends on the staff. Our Popey's is really really greasy, but not the KFC. We used to have a Church's Fried Chicken that was very good but that closed a few years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom