REC- Baked Cavatelli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
This is half way to being TNT. It will be there as soon as we eat supper tonight! The only thing I did diffrently from the recipe was add mushrooms, I thought that addition would work nicely plus I was craving them.

Prep: 25 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Makes: 5-6 servings

7oz dried cavatelli or wagon wheel pasta(about 2 1/3C)
12oz uncooked Italian sausage links, sliced 1/2 inch thick, or lean ground beef(I used the sausage)
3/4C chopped onion(1 medium)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 26oz jar pasta sauce
1C shredded mozerella cheese(4oz)
1/4tsp black pepper

1- Cook pasta acording to package directions. Drain; set aside

2- In a large skillet cook the sausage, onion, & garlic until sausage is brown(I added the mushrooms here); remove from skillet & drain.

3- In a large bowl stir together pasta sauce, 3/4C cheese, & the pepper. Add the cooked pasta & sausage mixture. Stir gently to combine. Spoon mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.*

4- Bake covered in a 375F oven for 25-30 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining 1/4C cheese. Bake uncovered about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.

*Note: For individual portions, spoon mixture into 5 or 6(8-10oz) casseroles. Place casseroles on a large baking sheet. Cover casseroles with foil & bake for 15-20 minutes or until nearly heated through. Uncover & sprinkle with remaining 1/4C cheese & bake about 5 minutes more or until cheese is melted.

Recipe from New Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook

Well, the results are in & it can now be called TNT! It was really good! Damp, I'm the same way, especially when they are as easy as this one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom