REC: Oriental Drumsticks, TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catseye

Senior Cook
Was scouting around for something different to do with drumsticks besides Southern fried, and I made this one. They were tasty! I'm posting the original recipe, but I made some changes:

I didn't have any sherry so I used Marsala, IMO an improvement. I used Sugar Twin brown sugar, also an improvement, probably because of the added sweetness of the wine. And I didn't have a whole cup worth of garlic, so I made do with half a cup, and it worked fine, though I'd like to make it again with the cup of garlic. I also basted them once during the cooking.

Oriental Drumsticks

1/4 c Soy sauce
3 tb Brown sugar-dark brown
2 tb Lemon juice
2 tb Sherry
1 tb Salad oil
1 ts Ginger-ground
1/3 c Onions green-chopped
1 c Garlic-crushed
8 x Chicken drumsticks

In 9" baking dish combine all ingredients except drumsticks. Add
drumsticks turning to coat all sides. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours or overnight turning occasionally. Preheat oven to 350~. Bake uncovered 60-70 minutes or until drumsticks are tender, turning once.

:D Sounds good Cats.

Do you bake the chicken in the marinade or
drain it first?

And is it really one cup of garlic?? I love
garlic but one whole cup seems like a lot for
8 chicken legs.

No, it's a cup. The process of roasting un-garlics garlic. It comes out not at all like you would expect. But as I say, half a cup made for a good-tasting dish, if you want to restrict it.

And PD, yes, I marinated the drumsticks in the roasting pan (an 8x11 Pyrex dish) and stuck the whole thing as is in the oven, basting it once. It comes out kinda like oven-barbecued chicken, with the sauce.

Cats

i got sick of eating this lol. every single day my dad made this for me for like 3 months and i meant every single day lunch and dinner

Back
Top Bottom