REC - Sausage and Green Chile Frittata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
I made this for breakfast this morning.

Sausage and Green Chile Frittata

1/2 lb. pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown sausage in 8-inch castiron pan. Add onions when sausage is almost done. Drain sausage/onions and return to pan. Add green chilies to pan. Mix well with onions and sausage.

Beat eggs and milk together until frothy. Add salt, pepper, and cheese and stir well. Pour egg mixture over the sausage, onions, and green chiles.

Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until eggs are set.

Makes 4 servings or 2 large servings.

Thanks, DC, it was so good. Not too bad for off the top of my head. I love frittatas because they are great reheated. They also make a great dinner, also.

I will standy by with some Tums. You wouldn't want to make your stomach mad!! :LOL:

SierraCook said:
I made this for breakfast this morning.

Sausage and Green Chile Frittata

1/2 lb. pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
6 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brown sausage in 8-inch castiron pan. Add onions when sausage is almost done. Drain sausage/onions and return to pan. Add green chilies to pan. Mix well with onions and sausage.

Beat eggs and milk together until frothy. Add salt, pepper, and cheese and stir well. Pour egg mixture over the sausage, onions, and green chiles.

Place in oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until eggs are set.

Makes 4 servings or 2 large servings.
Sierracook, did you sure the seasoned sursage or the unseasoned..This looks yummy and I want to try it this weekend.
kadesma

Will do Sierra, I'm planning it for Saturday morning..Thanks

kadesma

SierraCook said:
I used seasoned sausage. Let me know what you think of the recipe. :)
Sierra,
it's a keeper:) Had my dh, my youngest son and myself here this morning and we all loved it. Wouldn't change a thing, I'd just make a double batch and often....THANK YOU:flowers: to you.
kadesma

SierraCook said:
Glad you liked the recipe, kadesma. Isn't fun to try something new? That is the nice thing about this recipe is that it can be doubled.:)
We loved it Sierra, I love to cook and have many cookbooks, but, I much prefer trying what others have put together rather than just following acookbook ..Live , tried and true is much more fun...Thanks again
kadesma:)

Back
Top Bottom