REC: Wild Alaska Salmon Patties or Burgers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchenelf

Chef Extraordinaire
This puts canned salmon to good use but I'm sure fresh would be just fine too - you might need to finish them off in the oven though.

14.75 oz. can of Wild Alaska Salmon
3 scallions, minced
1 TBS peeled fresh ginger, minced
1 large egg white
1 TBS soy sauce
hot sauce of your choosing (optional)
1 TBS olive oil
1 1/2 cups baby greens

OOPS - now that I am making these I forgot two things

1. I keep my sliced fresh ginger in a jar covered with dry sherry - I add about 1 tsp. of this sherry to the mixture.

2. I also add a squeeze of lime or lemon, whichever I have.

Gently combine above ingredients down to hot sauce and form into patties. Be sure to remove any large bones from the salmon though. Chop up your fresh salmon if using fresh. Just be sure to mince the ginger well. Spring onions can be left a bit chunky. If you want to stretch this feel free to mince some water chestnuts in here too.

Anyway - heat the olive oil in a pan. Brown on one side and GENTLY flip to other side. Only turn these ONE TIME or they will fall apart.

Serve on a bed of greens (I like baby romaine) with some tomatoes, cucumbers, whatever you like. I sometimes use a wasabi vinaigrette and sometimes just my basic Dijon vinaigrette.

Place salad in bowl and top with patties/burgers.

I like to have a big bowl of edamame with this too. :chef:

I will give a couple good shakes of Cholula hot sauce or some other kind all over this and chow down!

Last edited:
Looks delicious - I LOVE canned salmon.

Quick question - how many patties do you make out of that one can of salmon? Two burger-size, or several smaller ones?

Looks delicious - I LOVE canned salmon.

Quick question - how many patties do you make out of that one can of salmon? Two burger-size, or several smaller ones?

I make several smaller ones - BUT, I usually use two cans and make 5 patties and one itty bitty one to try before anyone else :blush:

You can get more out of them I guess - I make them about 1/2+ inch thick!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom