Recommendations for best Deep Dish pizza joint in Chicago.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In my home town in the U.P., we have three really good pizza places that make their own sauces, and specialty items. There's B.C. pizza, with their pizza bar, Upper Crust, with great pizza, and home to the amazing calzone-like pizza pasty that my cousin created when he worked there as a teen , It seems he was hungry, and had paid for a pizza, but the place was very busy, and slices were inconvenient to handle while working. So he took a small pizza crust for a ten inch pie, put his sauce, and toppings on it, folded it in half, crimped the edges, and threw it in the pizza oven. His boss, the owner asked him what in the world was he doing. Well customers saw his creation, and asked if they could get the same. It became wildly popular, and for good reason. It's better than any calzone I've had anywhere, And finally, Guido's Pizza, that has several sauces crusts, square, round, but really tasty. Their catch phrase is - "The Sauce Is The Boss," As I'm a sauce guy, I always ordered double sauce on my pie.

We have the chains - Little Caesar's, Pizza Hut, Dominoes, and we had a Jet's. Frankly, I don't know how they stay open when the three I mentioned are so good. Oh, there's a Hungry Howie's as well. I'm not crazy about their pizza either. Little Caesar's is at least cheap. A place opened up, advertising their Chicago style pizza. I tried it. It was no where near the quality of a good windy city pizza. And in Chi town, I wasn't impressed with Uno's. The crust was like eating a baked biscuit bowl, with sauce, cheese, and other toppings. I like a good yeast crust, not a biscuit. But that's just me. People were lined up all around the building, and a block down the street to get in. It's popular, just not my idea of a good pizza.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

I highly recommend Giordano's deep dish pizza when you get into town. :yum:

Martha

They we're among the top of my list of places to go. Lou Malnati's was closer to the hotel, so with limited time and only one meal to eat, we went with Lou's. Definitely will give Giordano's a try next time Im passing through!!!

We stopped off on our way back from Montana. It was just my daughter and myself. We kinda did Chicago in an afternoon ( clearly not enough time). Hit aa few major spots and topped if off with a deep dish. Had the left overs for breakfast ( one of the best breakfasts Ive ever had ). I remember chomping on it on my way down in the elevator.

Not sure when Im making it back out that way ( as my son is no longer in Montana), but I love road trips, so eventually Ill get there. Going on my first road trip in 2 years this week ( Maryland, VA, WV, PA).

Back
Top Bottom