Reheating portabello mushroom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdejarnette

Senior Cook
I have a grilled whole portabello mushroom that I want to reheat and serve topped with a ground turkey burger. Leftover from last night. Can I just microwave each piece seperately for a short time, or is there a better way?

I think I'd heat the mushroom in a little butter in a skillet with lid..Should work just fine.

kadesma

Definetly do not microwave the mushroom. A few minutes in a skillet with a little olive oil over medium high heat should do great! Enjoy!

No offense to the previous posters, but I've microwaved leftover grilled Portobello mushroom caps many times & they come out just fine. Depending on size, I usually do them for a minute & then test. Same goes for leftover turkey burgers, which are a mainstay in our house.

I was going to use the skillet just to be safe, but DH got home very late and I already had the kitchen cleaned up. So, I used the microwave for just a minute for each part. Turned out great. Thanks to all who responded. It's really nice to have a place to go for good and prompt advice.

I, too, would microwave. Yes, I'd be careful to just get it up to the temp I wanted without turning it into vulcanized rubber! In this case I'd put all in a single layer on a plate, cover, then really watch. The problem with microwave advice is that the ovens vary EXTREMELY in power. So you have to know your instrument. In what you describe, in my oven, I'd do a half minute then maybe a second half minute, letting it rest in between. In other ovens I've owned it might be 2 or 3 minutes, or might be a half-minute totally. I'd also heat it on a plate that I'd put a little water or stock in to keep it moist.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom