Removable Grill Plates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I've never cooked with them before. Guess who's clueless today? LOL!

Anything in particular that I should be looking at?
Durability, Care of them? Do they really stick as bad as I've heard?

We have a Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler and love it. We've had it for a few years and have also purchased the waffle grates.

This little workhorse gets used, on average, once per day, sometimes multiple times a day. Every surface is perfect. All non-stick and can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. We use it so often I find myself washing it by hand because the dishwasher isn't full enough to run.

When we first got it I thought it would be one of those small appliances that would have its place in the cabinet next to the appliances that get a frequent workout. It's never made its way into the cabinet because we use it so much. I haven't cooked bacon in a skillet since we got it. Perfect every time and no babysitting, turning or splattering.

If you are looking for a replacement appliance, I highly recommend this little goodie. And, if I'm correct, I think Andy M has one, too, and likes it.

We have a Cuisinart Griddler, too. It's about 10-12 years old and working fine. Although I don't use it as often as you do, Katie, I sure have gotten my money's worth and them some over all these years.

Mine is old enough that it didn't come with waffle grates. Instead, I have the raised ribs like your T-Fal one shows, Munky, and flat plates, too. Those are for when you want to make pancakes or anything else you don't want to make all groovy.

Not sure about the durability about the ceramic surfaces, because they haven't been around as long as T-Fal. The griddler is teflon and is mar-free in all of these years. However, if the surface on that model you're looking at, Munky, IS T-Fal instead of ceramic, I would say go for it. I bought a T-Fal pancake griddle the first year we were married - 1974. I was still using it when we got our glass-topped stove maybe 10 years ago. Had to pass it on to one of our kids because it's only wear issue was a bit of a bevel on the bottom. Operator-error in the past, no doubt. :whistling Meanwhile, our daughter is still using it.

Katie is right I have a Griddler and am pleased with it. It does a great job on burgers, chicken, pancakes, panino. The teflon coated plates are still in perfect shape. Go for it.

We have a Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler and love it. We've had it for a few years and have also purchased the waffle grates.

This little workhorse gets used, on average, once per day, sometimes multiple times a day. Every surface is perfect. All non-stick and can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. We use it so often I find myself washing it by hand because the dishwasher isn't full enough to run.

When we first got it I thought it would be one of those small appliances that would have its place in the cabinet next to the appliances that get a frequent workout. It's never made its way into the cabinet because we use it so much. I haven't cooked bacon in a skillet since we got it. Perfect every time and no babysitting, turning or splattering.

If you are looking for a replacement appliance, I highly recommend this little goodie. And, if I'm correct, I think Andy M has one, too, and likes it.

Thank you for the honest review.

Katie is right I have a Griddler and am pleased with it. It does a great job on burgers, chicken, pancakes, panino. The teflon coated plates are still in perfect shape. Go for it.

It's a done bun. Found one at Costco last night. Must say can't wait to get to TJ's today for fresh bell peppers. It's steak and grilled goodies for dinner tonight.

Thank you both for for this great suggestion.Our old one was always on the counter ready to go for whoever needed to use it.

Well, Munky, how did you like your Griddler? Are you as big of a fan as Katie, Andy and I are? I might not use mine all the time, but I sure do love it when I need it! Hope you like yours, too.

Well, Munky, how did you like your Griddler? Are you as big of a fan as Katie, Andy and I are? I might not use mine all the time, but I sure do love it when I need it! Hope you like yours, too.

The Jury is still out on it. We've been extremely busy and will be more so later in the week. So we haven't really had the chance to do much with it besides cooking up a grilled Carneasada to make Quesadillas.

When we did use it, hubby wasn't at all impressed with the way it slid around on the counter. I fixed that with a nonslip mat cut to size placed underneath it.
Maybe it's just an us thing here, were used to the Breville's sturdy weight of their counter top appliances.

Our guys have been shown how to use/take care of it.They like the idea of the versatility of it. That's a plus.

When I have more time (still haven't unpacked everything from that Costco run) I'll give it another try. Not a fan of it yet. Maybe it will grow on me.Like a fungus. :ohmy::ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
Mine doesn't slip either. In fact, I make sure it's exactly where it needs to be before I start to pre-heat it. Once the thing warms up, I do not need my fingers touching it!

Kinda funny about the "slipping around" part. Our Griddler has rubber pads at all 4 corners of the base and it doesn't move at all.

Taking a break from laundry here...

Really. No slip on yours?
Ours has 4 small black pegs? Can't call them legs (they are hard plastic dots)

It was slipping just by lifting the lid. I just checked it by lifting it up to see exactly what kind of pegs I do have underneath. Grease just leaked out of the crevices. The plates were put on correctly. Drain pan had some grease in it.It's since been washed and put back in.

I'm thinking this should go back. Concerned about a fire hazard.
They could have at least made it so the lid could lock for storage.

Maybe it slipped because we have tiled counters.

This one looks like the one we bought. Except on the box it's called Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Black Dials: Electric Contact Grills: Home & Kitchen

Sorry to hear you're having problems. My older model doesn't have the internal drip pan. Maybe it wasn't set in lace properly.

Taking a break from laundry here...

Really. No slip on yours?
Ours has 4 small black pegs? Can't call them legs (they are hard plastic dots)

It was slipping just by lifting the lid. I just checked it by lifting it up to see exactly what kind of pegs I do have underneath. Grease just leaked out of the crevices. The plates were put on correctly. Drain pan had some grease in it.It's since been washed and put back in.

I'm thinking this should go back. Concerned about a fire hazard.
They could have at least made it so the lid could lock for storage.

Maybe it slipped because we have tiled counters.

This one looks like the one we bought. Except on the box it's called Cuisinart Griddler Gourmet.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Black Dials: Electric Contact Grills: Home & Kitchen

Your description does not match my experience at all. Ours is the one, as I can discern, the one you cite in the link. Not a "Gourmet" model.

We have none of the issues you report.

The photo of the unit in that link looks just like mine, too. They didn't show a photo of the bottom, so what mine looks like is at the bottom of this post. However, I have four, index-fingernail sized rubber pads, each on set into the molded circle in the base. I've never had it slip on my counter (circa 2000 formica). Then I tested it on my 1950s formica table (nope), wooden table (again, nope), and finally on top of the dryer, since I store it in the basement. No slipping there, either.

Not sure there is any way to prevent grease from leaking out if you are tipping the unit backwards to check underneath the unit...

Attachments

• 2016-02-29 23.19.35.jpg
    2016-02-29 23.19.35.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 185
The photo of the unit in that link looks just like mine, too. They didn't show a photo of the bottom, so what mine looks like is at the bottom of this post. However, I have four, index-fingernail sized rubber pads, each on set into the molded circle in the base. I've never had it slip on my counter (circa 2000 formica). Then I tested it on my 1950s formica table (nope), wooden table (again, nope), and finally on top of the dryer, since I store it in the basement. No slipping there, either.

Not sure there is any way to prevent grease from leaking out if you are tipping the unit backwards to check underneath the unit...

Our Griddler looks exactly like CG's and doesn't scoot on any surface we've put it on. Also, no problems with leaking grease. If it sits on a level surface and you don't tilt it, there shouldn't be a problem.

Our Griddler looks exactly like CG's and doesn't scoot on any surface we've put it on. Also, no problems with leaking grease. If it sits on a level surface and you don't tilt it, there shouldn't be a problem.

I believe that she said it leaked AFTER cleaning, meaning that grease was getting into places that it wasn't supposed to.

I believe that she said it leaked AFTER cleaning, meaning that grease was getting into places that it wasn't supposed to.

That's strange. We've had ours for several years and that's never happened and...I've probably cooked a ton of bacon in it, which is one of the things I like to use it best for.

I can't imagine where the grease is going. The catch tray at the bottom of ours works perfectly, as do the channels that are on the plates that feed the grease to the catch tray.

It's a puzzle to me.

Last edited:
That's strange. We've had ours for several years and that's never happened and...I've probably cooked a ton of bacon in it, which is one of the things I like to use it best for.

I can't imagine where the grease is going. The catch tray at the bottom of ours works perfectly, as do the channels that are on the plates that feed the grease to the catch tray.

It's a puzzle to me.

I just re-read it and I may have been wrong. Tilting it when there is grease in the catch tray would be a mistake.

Back
Top Bottom