Required Field - Location

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think the location or gender field should be required as some people do not want to give out personal info like that and with good reason. I do find it helpful to know peoples gender though just so I know which pronoun to use. If I know that they are a man or woman than I can say he or she with confidence. I completely respect people who do not want to share this info. The internet can be a scary place and anonymity is not always a bad thing.

luvs_food said:
even at the bar, i won't leave my drink unattended for any amount of time. i either take it with me regardless of where i go, restroom included, or, if one of the cops i know are there, i'll leave it with them or else ask the bartender to put it behind the bar for me.
you just can't trust people you don't know, and that's a sad, sad thing.

that's a really good thing to do luvs. most people i know not only leave their drinks, but money on the bar too. granted, the places i hung out in were small irish pubs and italian social clubs, and the bartenders were (almost) always aware of what went on at the bar, but even i was drugged one night. i met some psycho, and she ended up putting rufies in my beer. i don't remember a thing after 2am or so, until i woke up in my apartment the next morning, with my head splitting. apparently she dosed me, then when i was just about unconscious, she offered to the bartender to drive me home in my car.
i didn't belive it at first, but the next day, after i tossed her butt out of my apt., i told a friend about what happened. he said someone thought they saw her putting something in my beer. a few other drinking buddies confirmed it later. the bartender and was sort of surprised because he had never seen me drunk like that, so he thought she would get me home safely. he said he never suspected a woman would do something like that.
ya never know.

that's AWFUL, bucky. i'm so sorry that happened to you. that just downright sucks...
getting dosed is one of my biggest fears. i don't do drugs, PERIOD, and i don't want some psycho deciding that i should, ya know?
i was in the hospital with a girl who had roofies dropped into her drink while she was down on the beach, and she was literally traumatized by it. it was horrible. she was the sweetest person, too.
this lady i used to baby-sit for and her best friend (used to sit for her girls, too) came home one night (halloween night, actually) after some guy- they knew who did it- dropped something into thier drinks. they were far beyond sloshed. i had to help the one get onto the toilet after she fell of of it, and she was crying cause she lost the hat she was wearing, and she kept saying, 'i'm not cowgirl-kathy anymore!' cause she was dressed up in cowgirl gear for the holiday. the other lady kept falling down and hitting her head off of the washing machine, but my best friend was mainly dealing with her. they were both giggling like madwomen.
then the one who was driving was like, 'can you go see if there are any crunches and cracks in my car?'
turns out they were so messed up they went through a big yard and hit several things with the car. ther were many 'crunches and cracks.'
i won't forget that night for a LONG time!

I knew about chocolates gender... just meant I like the mystery of it not being a profile thing. About drugs man I know what you mean.. I have a very strong "anti drug" mentality which sucks because my two roomies smoke a LOT of pot. But yeah, a friend of mine lost her virginity under the influence of a date rape drug, which is really terrible.

mudbug said:
Obviously I haven't been in the wrong bars for a while. What are rufies/roofies?
i can't give the details on the site, so i'll PM you with them.

it's just one more thing to worry about 'bug. it is powerful stuff. i folded faster than superman on wash day. like i said, no one had ever seen me like that before, and since...

mudbug said:
Thanks, bucky. Now that my kid is entering her teens, this will be a term I sharpen my ears for!
mudbug, i'm glad you know what to warn your kiddo about! definately let her know of the dangers of leaving her drink- ANY drink, from Sprite to Absolut- hanging around without supervision. it's just plain dangerous.
my friend from the hospital who was drugged just stopped eating, period, and ended up on an eating disorder unit for many weeks. she was horrified by what happened to her.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom