Rescuing the worst caviar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I know about kitties being weird about what they want to eat. :LOL:

Lucy & Ethel don't want to see a can without Friskies on it.

And I thought I was doing them a favor getting them something different. :)

Wish I'd have known. Could have saved myself a few bucks. :rolleyes:

Guess I won't be buying them any caviar cause I've no interest in it if they don't like it.

But back on point. If you don't like the base taste of a dish I can't see a way of saving it.

I think caviar is one of those things that is not meant to be eaten by itself; it should be a garnish on something else.

Exactly. Served with bilini and creme fraiche, Served with a slow cooked/soft poached egg, on a hand roll of sushi(though tobiko is commercial grade caviar), it isn't meant to be eaten on it's own, or even in entree portions. It's one of those "a little dab'll do ya" kinda things. Even after 22 years in a professional kitchen setting/Executive Chef, I still don't quite get the mystique, but hey, folks like it, pay for it, and for many it is a status symbol for them, on the menus we create. I like it in small doses, but it is always as a garnish, not the "main course".

In Denmark caviar is used a lot, but mostly as a garnish.

Fancying up a hard boiled egg sandwich (on the right) by garnishing with lettuce, mayo, a slice of lemon, sprig of dill, a few shrimp, and spoonful of caviar:

Smorrebrod.jpg

Or a sandwich of smoked or gravad laks (salmon), garnished with lettuce, a slice of lemon, a few shrimp, and spoonful of caviar:

thumb_COLOURBOX965993.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom