Reusable, not plastic, freezer containers/bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you guys are reusing yogourt containers, etc., what do you do to label the when there is other stuff in them?

Taxlady, you are normally very articulate. What do you mean?

It was a typo. It should have read, "When you guys are reusing yogourt containers, etc., what do you do to label them when there is other stuff in them?

It was a typo. It should have read, "When you guys are reusing yogourt containers, etc., what do you do to label them when there is other stuff in them?

Aha! You meant like yogurt with blueberries or raspberries or braised livers, or whatever?

Maybe with chalkboard labels, a product new for me.

I bought these at my father's house, and when I get situated here in San Diego I will buy more. They are oven safe (without lids) borosilicate glass with vented plastic lids and they can go from freezer to table or to microwave without a problem and they are perfect for saving two course or three course leftover meals for another day. You can get a set of 4 two- or three-compartment containers with lids for the reasonable price of $29.99 from Groupon.

HzEFGLN_W3QwmORbLyKAXQF6DF3jxoBR8jfobclu3pUcZxrIXGqfqVi8aTkH-rbYCIlycRPsXJ4JiJTJ-UUXbtq1-Kgd6GkJYTwFSI-2c41XuTD5pwL8hftcYJpBtKvmJGdT_9mXZj4yABA=s0-d-e1-ft

Last edited:
When you guys are reusing yogourt containers, etc., what do you do to label the when there is other stuff in them?

I don't bother to label the containers.

I live alone my freezer is small and I normally use leftovers within a week or two so I have a pretty good idea of what is in each container.

If I do forget I pop off the lid for a quick look and a sniff.

Last edited:
I write on a post-it with a Sharpie and tape it on the lid or side. Several years ago, I bought a set of plastic deli containers in half pint, pint and quart sizes to store leftovers, whether in the fridge or freezer.

Be careful with anchor hocking. I bought glass AH measuring cup that can’t be put in the microwave.

I also bought these and love them.

Prep Naturals Glass Meal Prep Containers Glass 2 Compartment 5 Pack - Glass Food Storage Containers - Glass Storage Containers with Lids - Divided Glass Cupcake Carriers 29 Ounce

(Also available in a 24 oz. 3 pack and a 36 oz. 5 pack)

Price: $28.99 FREE Shipping & FREE Returns
Return this item for free

glass_prep_containers.jpg

SAVE TIME AND MONEY – If you're looking for an easy way to save money and time, Prep Naturals meal prep containers glass 2 Compartment are the solution. Handsome and easy to use, these glass meal prep containers with lids are perfect cupcake carriers.
EASY TO WARM OR FREEZE – Made from eco-friendly borosilicate glass, the food storage containers are freezable, microwavable and oven safe. As a bonus, the smart locking lids with vents of the glass food prep containers make your food warming a breeze. (lids are NOT microwave, oven or dishwasher safe)
HELP YOU KEEP YOUR DIET – The portion control feature of the divided glass lunch containers allows you to regain control over your meals. Featuring two compartments, the portion control glass containers make it easy to organize your meals and keep your diet plan.
PREMIUM LOOK AND DESIGN – If function and style are what you’re after, Prep Naturals Glass Food Storage Set is hard to beat. The beautiful finishing and design of the glass meal containers make them perfect for gym, picnics, office lunches.
SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – Prep Naturals Glass Containers with Compartments are meant to give you control over your meals and help you save money by cooking at home. If you don’t love your 2 compartments glass meal prep containers, send them back for a full refund!

Last edited:
I try to avoid the containers with the lock down tabs on the lids. The tabs are the first thing to go.

Be careful with anchor hocking. I bought glass AH measuring cup that can’t be put in the microwave.

Thanks for the heads up. The ones I looked at say that they are freezer, microwave, and conventional oven safe, but not to use them in a toaster oven or under a broiler.

That looks great. But, they are kind of pricey. I think I'll wait until they start selling them with silicone lids. I wonder if they are available in singles as opposed to sets.

New guy here and just catching up/getting the lay of the land so to speak.
In reference to the purchase price, you, as taxlady, would probably know the reason we balance initial cost of anything over the life of what is being purchased. You will use those unbreakable pyrex containers for a very long time.

I bought a bull for $3000. I expect him to live and produce here for the next 4 years and to get $18,000 worth of calves out of him each year. What did that bull really cost me?

New guy here and just catching up/getting the lay of the land so to speak.
In reference to the purchase price, you, as taxlady, would probably know the reason we balance initial cost of anything over the life of what is being purchased. You will use those unbreakable pyrex containers for a very long time.

I bought a bull for $3000. I expect him to live and produce here for the next 4 years and to get $18,000 worth of calves out of him each year. What did that bull really cost me?

I agree, but I have stuff that works right now. If you had a bull that was working just about as well as the new one would, would you buy the new one or wait until the current one got old and worn out?

Well, to be honest, I always buy a new bull well before the old one is 'worn out' altho not for reasons you might expect but if you're happy with your present containers it's all good.

I love my food prep containers made from borosilicate glass. They do have tabs, which I do believe will eventually wear out. I wish they stacked though. They take up a lot of space.

Back
Top Bottom