Roaster!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitbull

Assistant Cook
:D a few days ago I posted here asking for "roaster tips" - well, GOT my roaster, GOT a bunch of roaster cookbooks, and have had one success after another.... if anyone WANTS roaster info, I bet I could xerox and fax them my cookbooks!

hey pitbull -
I'm cooking my 16 lb. turkey in an 18 qt. GE roaster.
From what I can come up with (which isn't much),
would you estimate that I'll be cooking around 5-5½ hours
at 350 degrees?

Any other help would be so appreciated!
feel free to pm me, if you'd like.

jkath, are you wanting to make turkey jerky! :LOL: Unless those things are different than ovens, I would think you should be in the 3.5 +- hour range.

Roaster Recipes

Guys- email me OUTSIDE of this chat-site, and I'll scan and send you scans of the pertinent pages tomorrow - how's that? But I have the Nesco 18-quart, with the fan in the lid that REALLY helps stuff BROWN - I have both books though, for the one with and WITHOUT the blower in the lid, and I coulds send both! Just put "roaster recipes" in the memo line, and send to pitbull@gmail.com - ok?

Otter said:
jkath, are you wanting to make turkey jerky! :LOL: Unless those things are different than ovens, I would think you should be in the 3.5 +- hour range.

Well, that's from the user's manual from the roaster. (Things take a while, more like a crockpot, but with extra bells & whistles.)

I'm still going between the roaster and just cooking the bird like my Grandpa did for years: cook the day before, slice it up nice, put into a large casserole dish (or dishes), cover with juices, cover tightly w/plastic wrap and then bake in the oven (foil covered) the next day. It's a lot easier to eat, since there's no carving time)

Back
Top Bottom