Russian Tea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

norgeskog

Washing Up
This is an excellent cold weather drink and can be served as is for youngsters or add vodka for the adults. I got it from a friend about 35 years ago, do not know where she got it.

RUSSIAN TEA

1 Jar (1 lb 11 oz) Tang
1 Cup instant unflavored tea
1 3 0z package lemonade mix
1/2 cup sugar (to taste)
1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
1 tsp ground cloves

Mix all together very well. Add 2 tsp of mix to boiling water. garnish, if desired, with whole cinnamon stick.

I LOVE Russian tea.
Mil gives me a container full every Christmas.

I'd never thought of adding vodka to it... but, I'm going to give it
a try tonight.

Thanks!

pdswife1 said:
I LOVE Russian tea.
Mil gives me a container full every Christmas.

I'd never thought of adding vodka to it... but, I'm going to give it
a try tonight.

Thanks!

A really nice hot toddy on a very cold night.

Norgeskog, thanks for the recipe! It brings back memories of being huddled around the wood stove after playing in the snow with my parents & brother! :D Like pdswife, I have never thought of adding vodka. Looks like I need to mix some up & give it a whirl!

A local restaurant did a drink special several winters ago - Russian Tea with vodka - all I can say is - YUM!!!! Thanks for the reminder!!!! I've got to make some!

no - to put it simply! lol The Russian Tea has more of the clove and cinnamon taste whereas the Long Island Iced Tea has more of a.....m..... pure alcohol taste! ;)

lol.. it's 25 degrees out side.. and I'm FREEZING!!! Do you think 11:17 am is too early to start enjoying this??

DampCharcoal said:
Sounds like it would taste like a Long Island Iced Tea. Any similarity?

Not anywhere near. Long Island Iced Tea is FULL of alcohol, not certain exactly which alcohol, but it has about 6 or 7 shots of different ones, I am not certain what the mixer is either. Maybe someone here knows, perhaps chef suz

LOL... on another post we were listing our loves and hates....

I said I was in too good of a mood to list any hates. Not any more.!

I just spilled my Russian tea mix all over my pantry! I picked it up and I guess last time I had some I didn't put the lid on all the way!! It's all over the place now. UGH!

I hate making messes that I have to clean up! Boo-hoooooo! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom