S - A - TUR - DAY DINNER! (August 31)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Ah the Bee Gees. Gotta love 'em.

I'm trying to decide between a rib roast for dinner or smokies over the firepit. I have to wait til the kiddos get up to decide for sure.

Gonna make Saturday dinner. Stayin' alive, stayin' alive. :ermm:

I think I'll cook up some linguine and finish off the creamy curry chicken from the other night. Maybe grill a couple ears of corn, too.

I snagged an 8 ounce piece of beef tenderloin for $2.50 at my little hometown market this morning. It's not pretty, the flat tail section. I'll pan fry it with lots of cracked pepper and a splash of cognac at the end.

So tonight it's steak and a side salad!

Saturday Night Dinner!!! Must be a BeeGees week, I did my CPR recert this week.

Anyway, over on the Wild Boar thread they were talking about...Pork roast with Garlic and Onion gravy, that sounds most excellent, think I'll toss in some mushrooms.

I'm making Turkey Necks with Noodles:

http://www.cooks.com/recipe/nv0p38ju/turkey-necks-and-noodles.html

I made a couple of changes: instead of salt, I used Beef Bouillion granules, plus, I cooked the noodles in the broth from the turkey necks.

I used the beef bouillion instead of salt.

I am going to add a drained can on baby sweet peas.

The broth left over goes in the freezer.

Last edited:
That looks like a great menu, Beth! You are lucky to have that type of restaurant nearby.

We're having a couple of friends over for dinner. I'm making Spanish style Arroz con Pollo, with a cucumber salad on the side.

Normally I would grill but it's hotter than heck, so running the stove is the lesser of two evils.

Found some leftover roast pork in the freezer so that's going to be an ingredient in tacos for tonight's dinner.

Chicken and corn on the cob. Grilled out or done inside is dependent on 1) the weather and 2) how Himself's wobbly guts feel at the time. I can grill but refuse to do so until a deck gets put back on the house and I no longer would need to go through-the-basement-up-the-bulkhead-steps-open-the-metal-door to get to the patio. :glare: Time to look at Lowes plans...

I buy chicken sausage at the store that is Murray's brand made from cage free chickens ( no antibiotics, no nitrites). It's very good. So, tossed those with some homemade BBQ sauce ( marinating in the fridge as I write this) and will be on the grill at 6 along with corn on cob and maybe some grilled potatoes and salad on the side ( Columbia crest Merlot is the wine). I love to grill!

I have shortribs marinating in Kalbi sauce for grilling. I'm going to make a mac salad and a namasu salad (cucumber and carrot slices marinated in rice wine vinegar, ginger and some soy.) A cherry cobbler for good measure. I bought some poke for an appetizer. And a nice bottle of Chardonnay for the cook.

Woohoo, happy three day weekend!

Rearing my ugly head for the first time in awhile. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: I'm about to put a pork loin roast in the oven. We will have that with applesauce, peas, and maybe some hashed browns. The hashed browns are frozen - I fell last night at WalMart and am pretty sore, so I'm taking it easy today. I couldn't peel and grate potatoes with my right wrist today, AND we are totally out of potatoes, so there ya go!

Back
Top Bottom