Sad Day-Selling my Pit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Well guys, my marriage is over and I am being forced out of the BBQ game for now. I am keeping my WSM, and Kettle, but have to give up Texas Hottie II. I am not certain of Greg's policy on selling here, but anybody who has $8500 to buy a sweet Klose Trailer can message me. Thanks for all your support over the years guys. Particulars below:

2005 Klose Mobile BBQ Trailer Pit:

Trailer is roughly 16 ft long (appx 3800 lbs) Tongue weight is 400 lbs.
Main chamber of pit is 24” dia x 84” long.-.25” thick steel
Main has 2 doors-4 pullout shelves.
Tuning plates included for even heat distribution.
Upright warmer is 30”w X 24” deep. It holds two large foil pans per shelf.
Upright can be used for cooking or warming. It has 7 shelves.
Three dial Thermometers.
Firebox is double wall insulated to hold temps in colder climates.
Double thick firegrate will NEVER burn through.
60,000 btu gas assist in firebox. ( 2-20 lb propane tanks included-safety chain)
Extra wide log rack.
2 baffled 60,000 btu burners on nose ( stainless breaker plates included)
Chrome mag wheels.
Spare tire.
Electric trailer brakes.
Bulldog hitch. ( hitch lock included).
Full bed load of wood included
10 rib racks included.
Chafing dishes –included
2 E-Z up awnings, included.
8 ft table-Included.
Stainless prep shelf on front.

This pit has been lovingly cared for, and kept in the garage since it was purchased. It is clean and free from any rust. It is perfect for the competitor, or the caterer. I have cooked comps on her, and catered for up to 400 persons in one sitting. The nose burners are great for cooking, deep frying, clambakes, and boiling water. I would love to keep her , but the breakup of my marriage, necessitates selling her. I will offer phone support to her buyer if needed. I want her to have a good home. Currently a similar pit was quoted at $13,000. The is as close to new condition as you will find. It is a Klose, so you know the construction, hinges, and welsa are impeccable.

Thanks Jim! I met a guy at the local cigar shop I hang out at who was from Myrtle. He was impressed that I knew the Cap'n!

Dang Woody so sorry to hear the rough news. Hang in there Buddy. I will keep my eyes open for any possible buyers.

bigwheel

Woodman: Sure sorry ta hear the news all the way round. I'd love ta buy it but can't justify it at this point. If I hear a any folks lookin fer one I'll sure send em yer way.

Bummer Woody. I've never met anyone that when through a divorce without some scars. Good luck buddy.

So I gotta ask was it the sheep thing?

Griff said:
Bummer Woody. I've never met anyone that when through a divorce without some scars. Good luck buddy.

So I gotta ask was it the sheep thing?

The sheep is for sale too???? :shock:

Hey this has give me a brilliant idear here. I will sell the pic I have of Woody and the Sheep on eBay and use the money to buy his pit. Smart thinking huh? Or maybe we could just swap out the pic for the pit even steven. Now this would be a good way to keep it outta the hand's of the evil future exes lawyers. Let me know.

bigwheel

Sorry to hear that Woodman. All the best!

This song usually make me feel better...

[youtube:gbuel1ej]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jix3xOKJKs4[/youtube:gbuel1ej]

Time heals all wounds!

Been through it, a diet of Bud Light and Spam sandwiches helps. :(

Hang in there man.
Mike

Griff, NO!
Greg, NO!
Rag, NO!
Wheeler, NO!
All others, Thanks!! Just put it on "The News" and The Bretheren. Woody

Shoot! Greg isoing to have more pit than ME now!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom