Sad, sad week *sigh*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
This past Wednesday, I learned that my best friend back home died that morning. I met her at my first Mother of Twins Club meeting. She took me under her wing and made sure I met new friends that night - but she was the best friend of them all. The only member of that group I stayed friends with for nearly 41 years. We had adventures together, weathered troubles together, and probably got into trouble together (especially when we worked gift wrapping purchases at a mall). After Himself and I moved to MA, but while we still owned my parents' house, Dellie and I spent as much time together as we could, since we knew we'd eventually be 600+ miles apart. We were on our "Girls' Week" when Himself told that he had been laid off from work. When I asked him if he wanted me to come home he said "no, stay with Dellie. I'm OK. If anyone can offer support at this time, it's her". You see, her husband had been a consultant; her job description of a consultant is someone who works for six months a year, and works at looking for a new job the other six months of a year. She kept me sane during those early days.

After that trip, we got together infrequently. Once we started staying with Loverly in her condo, we were 40 miles away from Dellie's home. Since our husbands weren't buddies, she and I would mostly meet someplace halfway-ish from Loverly's to her place. Certainly not enough time. And now there is no time. Never take for granted that we can always get to do something "later". You never know how quickly that "later" might be gone.

Thanks for letting me share my sorrow. She was a beautiful soul...

My condolences CG. That is sad. It's also very true what you say about not taking for granted that there will be a chance for getting together later. (((Hugs)))

Oh, dear, CG, I'm so sorry to hear this news. It is clear that you've lost a very great friend. My heart goes out to you. Yes, we just never know.

Sending cyber hugs and saying a prayer too.

Thanks for the support, dear friends. It's easy to forget that, unlike that package of salad mix or pork chops from the grocery store, we don't come with an expiration stamp. You never know when time is up.

Back
Top Bottom