Salmon Salad or Dip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RCJoe

Senior Cook
Salmon Salad or Dip a summer time treat

INGREDIENTS

5-6 oz. canned salmon, drained
3 oz softened cream cheese or sour cream (more for a dip)
2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
1 small stalk celery, chopped
2 diced green onions
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. chopped onion
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 tsp. dried dill weed
1 tsp. parsley
1/4 tsp cayanne pepper
1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
Pinch fresh ground black pepper

Additions for variety:

Avocodo (pickled in lime juice, garlic salt, and celantro) & Pasta can be added to this. Red onion rings pickled in apple cider vinegar for 15 minutes too.

Instructions:

If you wish to remove skin & bones from Salmon do this first.
In a small bowl, combine all of the ingredient and mix well.
If using sour cream you can add more of it to make this into a dip so it will be of a consistency that will easier to eat with crackers or chips.

Serving Suggestions:

This can be plated on lettuce leaves along with a scoop of other salad items, cottage cheese, noodle salad, and a slice of lemon or lime. Goes well with a pitcher of Iced Tea.

Hope you enjoy, and if you have any Salmon Salad recipes please share them.

Sounds nice!

It makes me think of a filling for little tea sandwiches.

It would also make a nice stuffing for tomatoes or serve on cucumber rounds as a low carb appetizer.

I need to put a can of salmon on the grocery list!

This sounds very tasty. I'm one who really enjoys canned salmon. I have been making a very similar salmon sandwich spread for years.

For those who want to devrease thier sodiun, this can be made wth fresh salmon. And you can cook the salmon by any means you want. You can btoil it. Groll it over fire, smoke it, fry it, poach it, pan fry it, or bake it. Since you would be using salmon fillrts, there are no bones to worry about.

I will be trying this bersion you have given us. It looks great. I also might make it with fresh tuna, and use it in stuffed tomatoes. Thanks for the recipe.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Good going.

I was going to suggest make small cucumber boats and fill with the salmon mix, but I think Bea's suggestion of topping cucumber slices would be finer, and maybe serve both on cocktail rye.

Also spread on bagels or bagel crisps as a dip. Or fill scooped out cherry tomatoes.

You've hit on a warm weather winner RC Joe. Adding salmon to the grocery list.

Wow Whiskadoodle :idea:

I can get rye or whole wheat rolls (long like hotdog buns) at the local bakery.

If I would slice one & a cucumber on long diagonal slices I bet I could get some 4 inch slices to make canape's and with the celery, onions, and salmon cut up
fine with enough sour cream so it would flow easily, I'd bet it could be piped on with a large star nozzle.

A dusting of dill weed or paprika or even a sprinkle of chives should set this off !

This may be great seared up on a pita pocket, like a gyro, maybe with some cheese inside, kind of like a tuna melt, but in a pita. Or add thin sliced onion, avacado, and cucumber slices in that pita pocket. Just some more ideas.:)

As a side note: Canned sardines are very similar in flavor to canned salmon, but are on the top of the list for heart healthy foods. I would think that if one were so inclined, the salmon salad recipe could be a sardine salad recipe as well.

As a side note: Canned sardines are very similar in flavor to canned salmon,

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
:wacko::wacko:
Never in a million years could you mash a few sardines with mayo and extras and tell me it is similar to salmon.

That was one of my fathers favourite sandwiches to take to work, I worked out in the main office and we could ALL smell when he would eat his lunch, even with his office door closed.
Some of us gagged, some were jealous, yechhhh
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
:wacko::wacko:
Never in a million years could you mash a few sardines with mayo and extras and tell me it is similar to salmon.

That was one of my fathers favourite sandwiches to take to work, I worked out in the main office and we could ALL smell when he would eat his lunch, even with his office door closed.
Some of us gagged, some were jealous, yechhhh
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

I'm the opposite. I can't stand canned salmon, well, any cooked salmon. Sardines from a can might not be my favourite, but I like them a whole lot better than salmon from a can. I wonder if kippers would work. I might give one of those a try. I have both and this sounds good.

Wow Whiskadoodle :idea:

I can get rye or whole wheat rolls (long like hotdog buns) at the local bakery.

If I would slice one & a cucumber on long diagonal slices I bet I could get some 4 inch slices to make canape's and with the celery, onions, and salmon cut up
fine with enough sour cream so it would flow easily, I'd bet it could be piped on with a large star nozzle.

A dusting of dill weed or paprika or even a sprinkle of chives should set this off !
Or top it off with smoked paprika.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom