Salute from Texas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasTamale

Senior Cook
:P 42 years young Grandmother from Ft Worth Texas....

Loves this Forum!!!!!!!
I spent all afternoon yesterday reading and laughing!!!
(the joke section kept me in stitches!)

Born and raised in the border town of El Paso....Mexican Food is my passion! Anything with Chile and Cheese Rocks! lol

Looking forward to making this one of my TopSpots! (hafta dig in my bag-of-jokes sometime too!)

welcome texas tamale, glad you found us. i will expect some good recipes from you, i absolute love mexican food. however, i am a wimp at the hot, cannot even be in the same room with a habanero, usually eat anaheim and pasilla chillies.

norgeskog said:
however, i am a wimp at the hot, cannot even be in the same room with a habanero, usually eat anaheim and pasilla chillies.

LOL! ;)

Anaheim are like Catsup! A must have in the Fridge....
The Habanero are left to the "real cowboys" lol

TexasTamale said:
norgeskog said:
however, i am a wimp at the hot, cannot even be in the same room with a habanero, usually eat anaheim and pasilla chillies.

LOL! ;)

Anaheim are like Catsup! A must have in the Fridge....
The Habanero are left to the "real cowboys" lol

Guess I will never be a 'real cowboy,' and I do not use catsup so cannot compare, but I know they are mild. I love both chilis in a chesse omelett adn top with mild (what else) salsa.

Well, all I can say is, you fit right in here TexasTamale! You'll definitely have to share some recipes and jokes, and I hope you will share some pictures and stories about the grandkids. Mine (Andrew and Hannah) are in the picture in my signature. The picture is pretty old (over a year and a half old), but they still look pretty much like that, just bigger. I will post newer pictures soon.

:) Barbara

welcome1.gif

:P Hi TexasTamale. I love a good Habanero. I guess that makes me a real Cowboy? I also love Mexican food. Glad you found us!
welcome_001.gif

welcome texas tamale!

aww, no i've got that song in my head "deep in the west texas town of el paso, i fell in love with a mexican girl"

Welcome, TexTamale. I love your name. Tamales are one of my favorite foods to eat. A lady here in town makes the best jalapeno cheese tamales. I actually prefer them over the pork and beef. Unfortunately, she just recently had some surgery and is not able to make them. I guess I will have to find another source. I am also one of those people that prefers foods the hotter the better.

circle.gif

buckytom said:
aww, no i've got that song in my head "deep in the west texas town of el paso, i fell in love with a mexican girl"
I LOVE that song! Marty Robbins was one of my favorite singers.

:) Barbara

Habanero .......... :evil:
I tried a sliver of a Habanero for the very first time the other day..I made Tortilla Soup the way my Vita-Mix cookbook said to except I put the sliver of the pepper in...I would take the rest of it out and bury it but I'm afraid it would grow and kill everything in the yard!

Welcome to our group..
Marge ~Dove

buckytom said:

~Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina.......

There really is One! ....Westside of Town...serves Lunch Specials only.....Bar at night...Good Stuff!

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

I look forward to sharing Good Food and Hot Tamales!!!! :P

/me puts out fresh salsa, chile con queso, and chips...with a pitcher of frozen margaritas! ;)

TexasTamale said:
Good Cooks don't use Catsup :!:

did I just ruin my rep :?
I shudda said Mustard! LOL

Grandson's make Catsup the must! ;)

Texas Tamale I do not like catsup either, however it is in my fridge because I sometimes mix it in sauces, burgers, it is just a seasoning additive to me, and I make 1000 island dressing for my daughter.

TexasTamale said:
buckytom said:

~Night-time would find me in Rosa's cantina.......

/me puts out fresh salsa, chile con queso, and chips...with a pitcher of frozen margaritas! ;)

lol, tt, i read your last line like it was part of the song...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom