Saturday, 02/27/2010 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm making a dinner we had at Disney World at the Liberty Tree Tavern:

Salad with Strawberry vineagrette
Sally Luna rolls with honey butter
grean beans and carrots with garlic
marinated flank steak
mashed potatoes
and
apple strudel for dessert

I don't do this every night- today is a celebration.

I'm making a dinner we had at Disney World at the Liberty Tree Tavern:

Salad with Strawberry vineagrette
Sally Luna rolls with honey butter
grean beans and carrots with garlic
marinated flank steak
mashed potatoes
and
apple strudel for dessert

I don't do this every night- today is a celebration.

Hi oiralinde and welcome to DC. Might I say "WOW, what an awesome sounding meal your making!" What's the celebration, if you don't mind me asking?

I am finally out of the first trimester!! We are due with our second child in August and I am celebrating my new energy and lack of nausea by cooking a FANTASTIC meal. I have to make up for the last 3 months of grilled cheese and canned soup meals.

By request tonight will be beef n mushroom bake (ground beef, onions,mushrooms,cream of mushroom soup, and egg noodles), steamed broccoli and honey carrots.

We have friends coming over for a very casual meal and euchre tonight. My picky-eater mom is gone (she lives with us) visiting, so we are having spicy Dorowat over basmati rice with a green salad on the side and homemade fruit cocktail for dessert. Dd (8) is making the fruit cocktail.

I'm planning a casserole with hamburger and tater tots with salads. The guys are working on cleaning the garage so they can work on a car. This will be something substantial to fill them up!

Roast chicken stuffed with aromatics (onions, garlic, a lemon, celery) with small potatoes, carrots, and onions. It smells so darned good! I haven't done a whole roast chicken in a couple of years.

Strip loin steaks on the BBQ, crab legs, caesar salad and if I think of it in time, some kind of steamed veggie. Oh, and fresh bread...its baking right now and smells like heaven.

asparagus, topped with parmesan, then wrapped in phyllo and brushed with butter when done. Pork roast stuffed with slits of garlic and rosemary, roasted Brussels sprouts, brown butter rice, simple green salad, with avocado and thin sliced red onion.
kadesma

Total nausea here, so I had nothing to eat all evening. A few minutes ago, I had several El Rey Apamate 73.5 % chocolate discs, and they made me feel better. It's amazing what healing properties chocolate has! Maybe I'll round it out and have some chicken soup later.

bad bad granny today. had cocoa crispys for breakfast, then dip and birthday cake at party. dinner seems to be half a bag of cheetos, and a mexican pastry that abel brought me. now not hungry for anything. maybe later.

Mark wasn't feeling good during the night. I think it's going to be chicken noodle soup.
img_881084_0_5bc2fc61c2de0287062289b0ad48a8d9.jpg

img_881084_1_6eb5f97d7d00240bae6c27b5683301b6.jpg

Eating alone so I just took out one frozen portion of my homemade classic Beef Bolognese sauce and had it with whole wheat spaghetti. For dessert, homemade French macarons filled with truffle cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom