Saturday 2/19/11 What's cooking today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I'm making Pimento Cheese Quiche with a biscuit crust today.

What are you making today?

No clue yet. I may cook something on the grill, I may order take out, or I may get creative in the kitchen. All I know is there are no more leftovers in the fridge.

Took some ground beef out of the freezer and hope to make meatloaf. Have a 10 lb bag of potatoes so will probably do up some mashed, add a salad and call it dinner.

I had some beef and veggies in the fridge so I did a quick stir fry.

img_970998_0_c1cb925d3f5f0896dfe0fcdc54809972.jpg

^^that looks good, and you're done cooking early! What type of sauce is that?

I'm so impressionable, I don't know what I'm having yet. The thread about fried chicken has me wanting that with mac and cheese and green beans. Then I saw a steak commercial and was thinking of thawing a ribeye. Then I was thinking of trying to make pizza with this flatbread I have. And now powerplant's post has me thinking of stir fry :pig:

I have a hungering for ribs today and just took a package out of the freezer. I might grill some bacon wrapped asparagus, too.

Mama from Georgia changed my mind about dinner. She posted a picture of a Juicy Lucy in the Pimento Cheese thread. I just thawed a pound of hamburger so I've gotta try it.

I'll be grilling some sweet Italian sausage, onions, red and green bell peppers. Bought some crusty sub rolls for sandwiches.

Sheppard's Pie.

My daughter is coming for the weekend, so it is something I prepared in advance. Now all I have to do is bake it.

Tamale Pie. My mom used to make this at least once or twice a year. I don't think she knew where the recipe came from. Then I won an Ortega cookbook, and it has the same recipe. I don't think I have made it for James yet. I think he will like it.

:)Barbara

For us it will be fried chicken with taters and cauliflower and spinach. Maybe homemade peppermint patties as a treat for later. Boy is my scale going to groan in the morning!

TL, every time I see your baby picture it makes me giggle.

Not cooking nuffin tonight......the clean kitchen is closed for 10 days. We're leaving for Kauai, Hawaii tomorrow, so it will be takeout tonight. Hoping for Kaula Pig one night.
Aloha, friends......:flowers:

TL, every time I see your baby picture it makes me giggle.

Not cooking nuffin tonight......the clean kitchen is closed for 10 days. We're leaving for Kauai, Hawaii tomorrow, so it will be takeout tonight. Hoping for Kaula Pig one night.
Aloha, friends......:flowers:

Have some Spam for all of us. :chef:

:ROFLMAO:

Have fun, K. :)

Aloha and have a great time Kayelle.

It's too danged cold out for the DH to walk all the way to the health food store for bell peppers. Plans changed to some sort of chicken, coconut curry. I'm studying recipes to see which one suits me and my ingredients.

Back
Top Bottom