Saturday, April 15, 2023, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Brisket, smashed baby golden potatoes and country style green beans. Brisket cooked via the Cook's Country snake method.
20230415_175552.jpg

Looks good medtran... well.... except maybe the raw bacon.

I only just pulled out a bag of the Beef and Barley Stew from the freezer. Back to the soaps... will she get it in the Micro wave? will she just pour another glass of wine? will she do both!? stay tuned...

well, we know she'll pour that other glass of wine :-p:ROFLMAO::brows:

Saturday night pizza with celery and carrots dipped in blue cheese dressing.

I picked up the pizza sauce and shelf stable crust at the $tore. The sauce was Contadina in a squirt bottle. I’ve used that before to make quick flour tortilla or English muffin pizzas. The crust was new to me and not bad in a pinch or for folks that don’t stock a pantry.

Saturday night pizza with celery and carrots dipped in blue cheese dressing.

I picked up the pizza sauce and shelf stable crust at the $tore. The sauce was Contadina in a squirt bottle. I’ve used that before to make quick flour tortilla or English muffin pizzas. The crust was new to me and not bad in a pinch or for folks that don’t stock a pantry.
Ooni (pizza ovens) has proclaimed today to be National Pizza Day...but they aren't a U.S. company...so maybe not here. That said, I was tempted to make pizza anyway. I've still got 2 balls of dough in the fridge. I'm thinking Tacos...comfort food, after an exhausting couple of days.

We ordered from our favourite Indian resto. That was a really delicious meal. There were onion bhajis, pappadams, roti (whole wheat, flat bread) lamb samosas, chicken tikka, and Madras chicken. We also had some brown basmati rice from the fridge, and Heineken and ginger ale shandies. This was one of those meals where you keep thinking of just how good it was, for a while after supper. We have a bit of the Madras chicken left, as well as one roti.

Last edited:
Looks good medtran... well.... except maybe the raw bacon.

I only just pulled out a bag of the Beef and Barley Stew from the freezer. Back to the soaps... will she get it in the Micro wave? will she just pour another glass of wine? will she do both!? stay tuned...

well, we know she'll pour that other glass of wine :-p:ROFLMAO::brows:
Not raw, boiled with the green beans, AKA country style. Either salt pork or bacon is used for flavor. It's a southern thing.

Phew... thanks medran! was a little worried there.

Looks good CG, stoneware? or low fire?

forget that last question, pretty sure it's stoneware - just from the colouring.

Back
Top Bottom