Saturday Dinner - 10/28/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a migraine and joint pain. Hub went store to get Halloween candy and a couple other things. DD 2 is at Halloween party and DD 1 has Chinese for dinner. So I asked him to pick up something for us to have for dinner. He brought home Pizza Rolls which were 14 minutes in the oven. He cooked that and leftover Mac salad from last night. Quick, easy and I didn’t have to do anything.

I made a quick Chinese inspired meal earlier than usual...
between the ending of the Penn State/Ohio State football game
and the beginning of the 4th installment of The World Series.

001.JPG

Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry over steamed White Rice,
de-li-cious!!
I had my mise en place ready to go as soon as Penn State LOST!!! :blink:

(The "Asian Food" restaurants up here in Northern Arizona STINK! so I've gotta make my own...
I just bought a bunch of ingredients down in Southern Arizona earlier this week :chef:)

I've been waiting all day for this thread. I need inspiration. I have a freezer and pantry full of food, but have no idea what I want to eat.

Sports was not good to me, today. TCU lost a game they should have dominated. Ohio State won. Hopefully the Astros will win -- Houston could sure use some good news this year.

So, I need a good dinner. K-girl's dinner has me thinking of a quick stir fry. Hmmmm. BTW, I'm neutral on Penn State -- my dad went to Lafayette College in Easton, PA.

CD

Last edited:
I browned boneless skinless chicken thighs in olive oil, then made gravy with the drippings and simmered the thighs till tender in the gravy.

Then I sautéed chopped onions and celery in olive oil "I can't believe it's not butter" (my FIL uses it) and made Stove Top Stuffing with them. I also steamed haricot verts (yup, I'm fancy ;)) with onion flakes and dried thyme, then added sliced roasted red peppers. It was delish.

Last edited:
Great sounding dinners this evening. Kgirl - great pic - I could almost taste your stir fry. :yum:

Busy day today, and I'm dog tired at only 7PM. I was tempted to order takeout from somewhere but I have so much produce in the fridge that needs used, so I cowgirled up and made a salad with lots of crunchy veggies. Topped with seasoned croutons I made yesterday from the last few pieces of tired sourdough, and it hit the spot.

Ice cream a little later, if I last that long. :ermm::LOL:

msm, nothing better than someone else cooking, no matter what it is. I hope you feel better soon.

That was some game, wasn't it K-Girl? Himself (OSU alum) has cousins who all went to PSU. I hope they weren't celebrating too early...like one did, posting a link to an article on that run-back TD on the first play of the game. That last quarter was all
ohio_state_football.png

We cleaned most of the leftovers from the fridge. Only thing left is a bit of Friday's supper. It might be my breakfast come the morning.

GG.. "I browned boneless skinless chicken thighs in olive oil, then made gravy with the drippings and simmered the thighs till tender in the gravy"

I love that... :yum:

We had pan fried tilapia, creamy parm orzo and steamed broccoli...

Vanilla pudding for dessert...

Ross

I hosted my dinner and wine club last night. The appetizer was crab dip with toast points, and then we moved into soup/salad. The main course was Chateaubriand with demi glace, mushrooms, and a medley of roasted vegetables (purple potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and turnips). Dessert was a diet-friendly cheesecake, sweetened with stevia.

pBDvOst.jpg

It was a long day with the puppy and I went into a full pain flare from sitting in the van for 2 times 3 hours to get her Friday night.

So, TB picked up dinner from our favorite Pho place but neither of us had Pho. I had tempura and wontons while TB had pork balls and sate.

I hosted my dinner and wine club last night. The appetizer was crab dip with toast points, and then we moved into soup/salad. The main course was Chateaubriand with demi glace, mushrooms, and a medley of roasted vegetables (purple potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and turnips). Dessert was a diet-friendly cheesecake, sweetened with stevia.

pBDvOst.jpg

Wow, Steve. Looks and sounds delicious. You might be appointed the one to host every wine club dinner after this. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom