Saturday, February 18, 2023, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Publix had roasted garlic Tuscan bread on sale so I decided to use up some of the Italian sausage in the freezer. Toasted the bread, a slice of fresh mozzarella, Italian sausage sliced in half lengthwise, a little more marinara, and another piece of mozzarella, then in oven until cheese melted, then topped with another slice of toasted bread. Ended up being a knife and fork sandwich, but not bad at all.20230218_175017.jpg

I made an attempt at smash burgers. I didn't get it quite right, but they were still good. We ate them on toasted, whole wheat English muffins. There were the usual fixings at the table, so we each had ours the way we like. I also made some coleslaw. I tasted it to see what needed adjusting and surprised myself. it was good. It was good enough in that taste test that I decided not to mess with it. It almost never happens that I don't want to adjust anything, when I have eyeballed everything. There were also oven fries. I'm stuffed.

Attachments

• Smash burgers on English muffins, cole slaw, and oven fries with the fixings small.jpg
    Smash burgers on English muffins, cole slaw, and oven fries with the fixings small.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 5
  • Smash burgers on English muffins, cole slaw, and oven fries.jpg
    Smash burgers on English muffins, cole slaw, and oven fries.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 5
Pics took a long time to transfer from phone to computer , so Im a few days late . Saturday is usually take in day ( usually Chinese ). Lately, I've been making the dishes at home, and just taking in the soup , spring roll and occasionally 1 dish. Here I made sesame tofu and pepper ; steak'. I should have cut back a little on the vinegar in the sesame tofu dish. Still good, but could have been better. One of those things where I questioned the amount, but went with it anyway. At the end, I tried my hardest to dilute it a bit. Pepper steak, looked at a few recipes and just winged it. A little heavy on the peppers, but had to use it up ass I had no other plans for it for the week

Attachments

• Chinese dishes.png
    Chinese dishes.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom