Saturday, February 25, 2023, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Osso bucco with risotto milanese
20230225_183312.jpg

I had to trim those greens in the hydroponics, and got a large amount of them, and it almost looks like I didn't cut any! I made some Indian food - a one dish meal, based on a dal and rice dish, cooked together, but I used some whole oats, instead of the rice. I cooked those together, with some sambar masala and some turmeric, in the Instant Pot, on low pressure, to keep the oats from "exploding". While cooking that, I cooked an onion in some ghee, and several minced cloves of garlic, plus some tomato paste, cooked a couple of minutes,then added some sliced mushrooms, and cooked several minutes, on medium high. Then I added the chopped greens - about 4 quarts - then cooked them down, about 2 minutes. Then I stirred it into the dal, along with a generous amount of chopped cilantro, then simmered it a couple minutes longer.
A bunch of 2 kinds of Mizuna, plus a few stalks of the Wisubina Mustard greens, almost filling an 8 qt bowl, and some cilantro, from the hydroponics. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Onions, garlic, tomatoes, and mushrooms, cooking down. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

About 4 quarts chopped up greens, cooking down briefly with the mushrooms. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Greens cooked way down, with the mushrooms, before adding to the dal. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Generous amount of cilantro, added to the dal. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished dal, with mushrooms, and a lot of greens and cilantro, from the hydroponics. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Last edited:
Everyone's meal sounds super delish this morning.

I had Curried Mussels, Sweet Potato, and Leeks. Those mussels were super juicy and so tender!

Have enough for 2 more meals to freeze, which I will do today. Last night just separated the mussels from their shells. I store them separately and add them only after all else is heated, just to heat thru.

Back
Top Bottom