Saturday In The Park ~ 9/12/20 ~ What's On Your Menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjylD7esXDo

I actually cook our evenings meal yesterday and left it
in the `fridge to meld.

Paniolo Chili.jpg

In my effort to copycat Zippy's Chili, I wound up with
what I'm calling Paniolo Chili.
It's no where close, but ono (delicious) all the same.

What's on your Saturday Menu?

Comfort night on Excelsior ;

Hamburger with Lettuce, Tomato, Onion & Mayo, Buttered Carrots, and Cole Slaw carried in...

Burger, LTOM.jpg

Today we had lunch/dinner with or daughters, SIL and GS.

We had a couple of appetizers, pork souvlaki with tzatziki, ranch potato salad, potluck potato salad, pilaf, tossed salad and chocolate cake and lemon cookies for dessert.

Sorry, no photos. Too busy enjoying the company.

Stirling had a migraine last night and a headache today. I have a migraine today, so no one was in a state to cook supper. We ordered from Sahib, our favourite Indian resto. We got onion bhajis, chicken tikka, Madras chicken, lamb patiala, and roti. We have cooked, brown basmati rice in the freezer, so I nuked a few packets of that and we had some Wernesgrüner Pilsner to go with it. That was really tasty and we have leftovers. :yum:

Attachments

• IMG_20200912_170427.jpg
    IMG_20200912_170427.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 50
Everything sounds great!

I had a huge harvest of okra, so made some shrimp, sausage, and okra gumbo today. It was hotter than I thought it would be so had watermelon on the side.

IMG_6368.jpg

Hoa Man!
THAT was delicious, even if I do say so myself.
We like our Chili with grated Cheese and chopped Onions
on top.
Then it's not a "local-style" Chili without the Diamond Bakery Soda Crackers on the side!
I think we're down to our last tray of Crackers... we weren't able to get back to Hawaii this year to replenish our supplies :LOL:
Although I can find these in California and Las Vegas at the Asian Markets.
Myself, I like a good dark Beer along side too.

I made another batch of lentil salad, with one of the last batches of cherry tomatoes of the season - some green beans and red beans, too. I put some channa dal and kamut in the slow cooker mode of the Instant Pot, added some toasted Israeli cous cous and the fresh beans, toward the end. I halved all those cherry tomatoes, and mixed with basil, garlic, parsley, and some chopped up pappadew peppers (even 6 didn't turn out very hot). I used fish sauce, for salt - something always good with this type of seasonings.
Another lentil salad, with kamut, and toasted Israeli cous cous. I added the cous cous with about 15 minutes left in the slow cooker, along with the fresh beans. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

We had Cajun white beans made with homemade andouille, trinity and Creole seasonings, with cornbread and collard greens.

Back
Top Bottom