Saturday Night Feve - r Dinner?? 10/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Pan-Seared , then Baked Chicken Leg & Thigh, Mashed Idaho & Gravy, Corn & Sweet Pepper, and a Salad, of course.

Chicken, Baked.jpg

Cooked up some smoked pork necks, then added some soaked mixed beans I had on hand. Let this cook for several hours and put a mess of chopped onions, garlic and stewed tomatoes. Removed the neck bones from the pork and shredded it and added it to the soup.

Have some of our favorite cornbread in the oven.

Will finish with homemade raspberry pie.

I picked the last of my eggplants, yesterday, and today I cut them up, and got about 37 ounces of cubes, so I made a little over a double recipe of my favorite Szechwan eggplant recipe. I also pulled two huge spring onions, which, when chopped up, were over the 16 scallions called for in the double recipe! As always, I cut the roots off by about 1/4", and replant them - I should have more next spring!
Getting ready to cut up two huge spring onions, for Szechwan eggplant. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

Finished Szechwan eggplant, tossed with a lb of rotelle - my favorite pasta with it, as it traps the bits and pieces. by pepperhead212, on Flickr

I'm having postdrome from yesterday's migraine. I'm also pooped from dealing with today's grocery order so, we ordered food from Buffalo Bill's Wings & Things. DH had a pizza submarine and I had wings with crudités. Well, that was a bit of a disappointment. DH's sub had far too much tomato sauce and tasted kind of meh. My wings were supposedly crispy, but not very much. The crudités turned out to be just carrot sticks. DH said that was like ordering a salad and only getting lettuce. Oh well, we have had worse meals.

I was going to do a Canadian meat pie but the day got away from me. So I improvised and turned it into a cottage pie. Definitely a keeper!! 20201010_173340.jpg20201010_181748.jpg

We had garden salads, followed up with leftover ham and mac and cheese. At least the broccoli was fresh. And was it sweet! I swear I didn't cook it in sugar water.

IMG_20201010_223501792.jpg

That looks fantastic! Please post the two recipes. View attachment 43362
I'm terrible at posting recipes..saltimbocca is very easy..very easy..here is an Italian guy doing it. I like this guy because he uses very traditonal recipes... As you can see in the video you can use chicken pork or veal..Last night I used chicken breasts...cut them into three and pounded them out..that got us six pieces for gf and I..it is great with just butter and a splash of white wine is optional..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBxYZrynJdw

The risotto is your basic Risotto Milanese, I don't have saffron, I through in the asparagus for the last 5 minutes....

Last edited:
Smoked chicken and wild rice soup. Onions, carrots and parsnips went into the broth.

36788-albums322-picture8447-jpg.48035

Sheet-pan roasted chicken thighs, red onions, potatoes and Brussels sprouts with Greek Seasoning. DH also pan-fried Halloumi cheese and we had a couple slices of homemade bread.
20201010_200237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom