Saturday Supper - 8/11/2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tenspeed

Executive Chef
It's a cool and rainy Saturday, so I made the best of the lousy weather and made a dozen half size (8") baguettes this afternoon (half size for a 16" baguette pan). Ideal size for sandwiches, and they freeze well. Good to have on hand for dishes that call for crusty bread to soak up the sauce.

It's an indoor cooking night, so it will be a shrimp / green pepper / water chestnut stir fry, served over white rice.

Lobster ravioli with red bell pepper sauce.

Attachments

• 2018-08-11 17.39.45.jpg
    2018-08-11 17.39.45.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 161
We visited my daughter to see her new condo then went out to lunch. Lunch was large and tasty. As a result we're not very hungry and will make do with odds and ends out of the fridge.

We’ve been having thunderstorms since the middle of last night. Now I keep getting flash flooding warnings all day. So I made chicken soup. Served over brown rice. I had some turkey meatballs left from the other nights dinner so I put a few in my bowl. YUM! Mom would sometimes put tiny meatballs in her chicken soup and split pea soup.

No pictures because I was worried about loosing power.

We had "lupper" and drinks with my oldest son and his wife, watching the planes take off and land at our little airport a mile away. Good times..

Snacks for later maybe.

Everyone's meals look and sound wonderful!

We had REALLY bad thunderstorms as well from last night,
and we finally caught a break this afternoon.

001.jpg

I grilled Salmon fillets, warmed up some leftover rice,
roasted some broccolini and diced some tomatoes for DH.

It was delicious.

#EatMoreFish !!!

It's a cool and rainy Saturday, so I made the best of the lousy weather and made a dozen half size (8") baguettes this afternoon (half size for a 16" baguette pan). Ideal size for sandwiches, and they freeze well. Good to have on hand for dishes that call for crusty bread to soak up the sauce.

It's an indoor cooking night, so it will be a shrimp / green pepper / water chestnut stir fry, served over white rice.

It has been relatively cool (80s) and rainy here, too... and I'm loving every minute of it! We really needed this.

No outdoor cooking today. I'm just grazing. It has been a lazy day, so cooking just didn't appeal to me. I'm making cooking plans for tomorrow, though.

CD

Good grief, it's like a lapsed Catholics Saturday around here. :LOL: WE had fish, too! Ours was fresh, young haddock fillets dusted with bread crumbs seasoned with Spice House Lake Shore Drive seasoning and baked. Sides were salad, broccolini, and fresh corn lightly microwaved then sauteed in bacon drippings, topped with the crisp bacon and Penzeys Brady Street Cheese Sprinkles. And a photo! Still can't get the photos to jump from my phone to my laptop (and I do have auto upload set "on", too...), so I took it with the old phone. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20180811_220416.jpg
    20180811_220416.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 124
We’ve been having thunderstorms since the middle of last night. Now I keep getting flash flooding warnings all day. So I made chicken soup. Served over brown rice. I had some turkey meatballs left from the other nights dinner so I put a few in my bowl. YUM! Mom would sometimes put tiny meatballs in her chicken soup and split pea soup.

No pictures because I was worried about loosing power.

I finally got pictures of the chicken soup with the turkey meatballs.

chicken_soup_turkey_meatballs_081118_IMG_4730.jpg

I love when my chicken soup jells like this.

chicken_soup_jell_081118_IMG_4725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom