Saturday the fatter day, May 12th - what's sizzlin & delicious today on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now you have me so inspired by a southern gentleman such as yourself, I just may try my hand at some stone ground grits I got from Trader Joe's recently. We never see stone ground grits at our local market here.This will be a first for me.

I'm thinking about adding some cheese and saute onions? Does that sound about right?

I'm thinkin since this will be your first time with Stone Ground...Maybe keep them plain (Cook in salted water ~ Add a pat of butter at the table) So you can really taste the great flavor of the grits....Next time, try the cheese grits, etc. Be patient cooking them...it can/may take 45 minutes or so to get them done.

Have Fun and Enjoy!

I'm thinkin since this will be your first time with Stone Ground...Maybe keep them plain (Cook in salted water ~ Add a pat of butter at the table) So you can really taste the great flavor of the grits....Next time, try the cheese grits, etc. Be patient cooking them...it can/may take 45 minutes or so to get them done.

Have Fun and Enjoy!

OK, gotcha UB. The grits are cooking now. Think I'll keep the cheese at the side. Thanks ;)

Just saw your recipe .40. TSM, I'll save it for next time.

Last edited:
One of my favorite shellfish dishes. I can get pretty darned good IQF sea scallops here. I sear them in a butter/olive oil combo with s&p. Then deglaze with dry sherry, and make a cream sauces with all of that with green peppercorns and a pinch of caribe chili (actually any will do, just a friend heard me mention it in passing, and gave me a bunch of it). The original recipe calls for puff pastry shells, but for convenience, I serve it over linguini. I found some thing green beans which I sauteed in butter and slivered toasted almonds as the side. We drank a bottle of champagne someone gave us a few weeks ago. Great, romantic, meal.

I HATE going out for Mothers Day - overpriced menus, limp roses, & scads of screaming, crying children.

Had a taste for outdoor-grilled turkey burgers with all the fixings, but since Mothers Day proper is supposed to be riddled with thunderstorms & rain (on its way now, actually), we opted to have our turkey-burger cookout with all the fixings (ketchup, mustard, hot spicy dill pickle chips, sliced Campari tomatoes, lettuce, arugula, sliced raw sweet onion, cheddar, blue cheese, etc., etc.) yesterday (Saturday). Delicious as usual!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom