Saturday's Dinner 4/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Marinated, Air-Fried Chicken Breast, Mashed Idaho with Creamed Corn "Gravy",
Boiled Beets.........

Chicken Breast 4-30-22.jpg

Catering to our grandson's culinary peculiarities, we're having pizza tonight.

Pepperoni for him, add green pepper and Kalamata olives for SO and all that plus onion for me.

IMG_0025.jpg

What's peculiar about pepperoni pizza, Andy? Himself would have that every day and twice on Sunday if I let him. [emoji1]

I made salads with a bunch of different greens topped with prosciutto, cukes, black and salad olives, tomatoes, and sunflower seeds. Followed that up with pork tenderloin (olive oil, grainy mustard, garlic powder, fresh thyme, s&p), yellow potatoes with garlic-dill butter, and green beans with sauteed mushrooms seasoned with TJ's Everything Seasoning.

No dessert - no room.

IMG_20220430_210634758_HDR.jpgIMG_20220430_211806761_HDR.jpg

DH grilled some burgers. I made some coleslaw. We had Tuborg with that. I'm very happy with that supper.

Two burgers for DH:

Grilled burgers and coleslaw.jpg

One burger for me, ready to close up.

Grilled burger and coleslaw.jpg

Looks and sounds good guys!

Yesterday I took the entire afternoon and made my homemade Cheese Raviolis and had some pasta dough leftover, so I made Fettuccini with that.
I also made some Meatballs a few days ago for the deep freeze.

IMG_1586.jpg

DINNER!
This is DH's plate, I can't stand Anchovies!
We've started liking our pasta dressed very simply with Olive Oil, grated Cheese, torn fresh Herbs, and some freshly ground Black Pepper (I always hear Chef John in my head whenever I say that :LOL:), tasty!
Add a bowl of Italian Bread and we're good.

*Note to self: I got DH to eat a salad now when I make Pizza, now we gotta work on a salad with pasta dinners ;)

We might have some homemade Meyer Lemon Sherbet later, maybe :LOL:

Had a desire for deep fried Atlantic Cod.
I don't fry anymore so out for fish and chips

Did bake a strawberry dump cake. Topped with ice cream for mine, whipped cream for Jeannie

Ross
IMG_20220430_173041168.jpg

Everybodies meals look wonderful!

I had my hamburer paddy with usual fixings of tomato, mustard, relish, ketsup and cheese. Also some specialized carmelized onion, an absolutely delish condiment that was a gift from DIL.

Kgirl, busy girl you! What mix do you put for your cheese ravioli's?

I made Eggplant Parmesan for DH!! Thanks for the help on that, guys! It was a first for me, but I'm sure it will be a request in the future...and often! We had some homemade ice cream for dessert. Good stuff!

IMG_6461 (2).jpg

IMG_6455.jpg

What's peculiar about pepperoni pizza, Andy? Himself would have that every day and twice on Sunday if I let him. [emoji1]...

His peculiar tastes have to do with hat he will and won't eat. It's hard to feed him any variety because he doesn't like a lot of foods. Pizza was always a hit for him. Especially pepperoni. I sold him on chicken parm by describing it as a giant chicken nugget with cheese on it. So I don't have a lot of flexibility when it's dinner time.

His peculiar tastes have to do with hat he will and won't eat. It's hard to feed him any variety because he doesn't like a lot of foods. Pizza was always a hit for him. Especially pepperoni. I sold him on chicken parm by describing it as a giant chicken nugget with cheese on it. So I don't have a lot of flexibility when it's dinner time.

Recently, I got a picky 11-YO, devoted Cheese ONLY pizza eater, to try and LIKE BBQ chicken pizza. His folks were quite surprised. He ate his whole Cheese pizza and 2 slices of BBQ chicken pizza!

But, I always have him try new things when they come to dinner. He gets a "taster plate" before we sit down to eat. You should see the teeniest-tiny little bite he can take to "try" something.

Recently, I got a picky 11-YO, devoted Cheese ONLY pizza eater, to try and LIKE BBQ chicken pizza. His folks were quite surprised. He ate his whole Cheese pizza and 2 slices of BBQ chicken pizza!

But, I always have him try new things when they come to dinner. He gets a "taster plate" before we sit down to eat. You should see the teeniest-tiny little bite he can take to "try" something.

It's funny to watch sometimes how they taste something new and their face lights up with a surprise that it's delicious.

A while ago, when I was caring for him after school, I made some Crème Brûlée and showed him the whole process with the torch. I had a struggle to get him to taste it. He grudgingly took a quarter teaspoonful and walked away. The a minute or so later he came back for another, and another...

We went out for dinner and a movie last night, at our local movie house that serves food. We shared a fruit and cheese plate to start, then DH had a pastrami sandwich on marble rye with sauerkraut and I had fried shrimp with onion rings. I only got a picture of the first course because the movie had started by the time we got the rest.
2022-05-01-13-26-28-664.jpg

Back
Top Bottom