Saturday's Dinner - 5/1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
First time for Everything !

Pan-Seared Lamb Chop, Mint Jelly, Mashed Idaho with Gravy, Steamed Asparagus...

Lamb Chop.jpg

Banh mi meatballs with spicy mayo (mayo, sriracha, green onions) and Asian carrot and radish slaw, wrapped in butter/living lettuce. Dessert will be Pepperidge Farm cherry turnovers with vanilla ice cream.

Attachments

• 2021-05-01 18.54.33.jpg
    2021-05-01 18.54.33.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 131
I made taco salads for supper tonight. Beer might have been a good side because I was a wee bit heavy handed with the taco meat seasoning. Instead, we'll cool our pipes with a little ice cream - I scored half of a markdown raspberry pie that will be dessert tonight and tomorrow.
IMG_20210501_204011374_HDR.jpg

That looks tasty Lucky. First time for cooking lamb chops at home? Did you like the way it turned out?

We had frikadeller. I made the forcemeat for them yesterday and pooped out. Served it with boiled fingerling potatoes and a salad with ranchoid dressing. I put a little bit of those dandelion greens in the salad and they were not bitter enough to overwhelm the rest of the ingredients in the salad, just added a little interest. We enjoyed those frikadeller enough that we ate too much. :pig:

Stirling had his potatoes with butter.

PXL_20210501_235101977 small.jpg

I had mine with sour cream.

PXL_20210501_235556195 small.jpg

I made Huli Huli pork chops, along with grilled pineapple, green beans in oyster sauce with garlic and pickled red pepper, and leftover rice and orzo pilaf. Good stuff for a hot day.
20210501_202547.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom