Saturday's dinner - 5/7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had enough leftover chicken soup for one. Since Himself had chili the night that I made it, he'll clean up the soup. I made a veggie laden salad for me, and took out a small casserole dish of leftover mac and cheese from the freezer. We might end up with mac and cheese for Mother's Day supper. IMG_20220507_193115136_HDR.jpg

SO put the air fryer to work grilling Italian sausages and some peppers and onions. We had sandwiches with melty provolone.

We had a grocery delivery and Stirling was already tired. Not enough spoons left to cook. I pulled some solyanka out of the freezer and served it with wholewheat baguette. Yeah, I know solyanka is supposed to be red, but since I avoid eating tomatoes, especially cooked ones, I didn't include any in the soup. It's still a very tasty soup. Last time we had it, we had sour cream with it which didn't seem to do much for the soup. But, I read that it's supposed to be smetana. From descriptions, smetana is much closer to crème fraiche than to sour cream. So I used crème fraiche this time. That went really well with the soup. We really enjoyed it.that meal.

Solyanka and baguette.jpg Solyanka and baguette 1.jpg

My son marinated a skirt steak, the smoked it on the Traeger, cut into strips, cooked up some peppers, made guacamole, and salsa, and served up fajitas with lime wedges, sour cream, and fresh cilantro. The flour tortillas were kept in a covered container, and were moist, warm, and soft. it was delicious. For desert, we had strawberry/rhubarb pie with a lattice top crust. My DIL really nailed that one. The filling was perfect, with a tender and flaky crust. Kudos to my son, and DIL!

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Whole wheat toast with avocado, olive relish, tomato slices. Carrot apple raisin slaw.

We didn't have a big appetite for dinner, so DH suggested hot dogs. We had hot dogs and onion rings. No pictures. But, we had a great lunch earlier! It was chicken skewers on top of a Greek pita along with shredded butter lettuce and some red onion...next to homemade potato salad. Then, we went out to look for some shirts that might fit around DH's neck now (he's incredibly swollen awaiting the fluids to find "new pathways")...and came back in a tow truck. Didn't even make it to the store! Sigh. Anyway, I'll share the lunch picture!

IMG_6483 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom