Saturday's Dinner - 6-4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Dry Rubbed (Garlic - Jalapeno Powder) Pork tenderloin Medallions,
Roasted Cauliflower Steak, Nuked Sweet Potato - Sweet Baby

Ray's BBQ Sauce..........

Pork Tenderloin 6-4-22.jpg

brown basmati rice w/corn/peas/red peppers/onions/garlic/ginger/ lime and lemon grass slurry. Baked beans.

Pan fried pork chop, pasta salad with tomato and Kalamata olives and broiled zucchini.

IMG_0127.jpg

Played with our air fryer tonight and made fried chicken. Wow! So good. Crispy skin, moist flesh and not greasy at all. Had mac and cheese and pickled beets as our sides. Will definitely do the chicken again.

Played with our air fryer tonight and made fried chicken. Wow! So good. Crispy skin, moist flesh and not greasy at all. Had mac and cheese and pickled beets as our sides. Will definitely do the chicken again.

I am impressed that you have, so quickly, taken to air frying. :chef:

I subscribe to various A/F blogs and its disheartening to see new users struggle with time, temps and methods.

As with many things, an enthusiastic attitude is essential for success. :)

Ross

I am impressed that you have, so quickly, taken to air frying. :chef:

I subscribe to various A/F blogs and its disheartening to see new users struggle with time, temps and methods.

As with many things, an enthusiastic attitude is essential for success. :)

Ross

Thank you, Ross. I'm finding I am adapting to the air fryer more readily than the Instant Pot, but I'm not a quitter. Stubborn Irish, I guess.

However, both of them are becoming my best friends in the kitchen especially as we are at the threshold of hot summer weather.

Last night DH grilled some hotdogs and toasted hotdog buns on the rack above the grill. We had them with mustard (seedy Dijon for me, yellow for DH), dill pickle slices, chopped onion, and sauerkraut. Very tasty. That filled us up. I had also brought out the rest of the rice salad, but we didn't have room for any.

Grilled hot dogs with sauerkraut.jpg

I've had a taste for broasted chicken the last couple of weeks, so I finally sent Himself over to the local restaurant that makes it. It's been our go-to restaurant for broasted chicken for two decades. Two years ago, it changed owners. The first time we got it with new ownership, it was lousy. The chicken was seriously overcooked, the jojo potatoes...weren't real jojos. We kept considering the next closest restaurant with take out broasted, but it's more than twice the distance, so we hadn't bothered. About six months ago we decided to give our regular spot a second chance, but when I called to ordered I told the woman that answered about our previous order. She said that when the new guy bought the place (she's worked under both owners now), a lot of the kitchen equipment was old but was being replaced. They had new broasting equipment, so we took a chance. It was the best we had eaten in decades! Even the jojos were properly breaded, seasoned, and tossed in with the chicken to cook. Delish! :yum:

Ordered last night. What a bummer. The chicken pieces were overcooked - possibly because they were tiny. I think the mourning doves in the back yard have more meat on their bones! The potatoes not only were not seasoned and breaded, we think they were roasted instead of deep-fried. I understand restaurants needing to work around the fine balance of raising prices vs reducing portions during these tough economic times, but Come On!

Looks like we'll be driving twice the distance next time. Or I could call when I'm leaving Aldi and pick some up, seeing as how I pass that particular restaurant on my way home.

And now it looks like most of my post should be in the Petty Vents thread. :ermm: Thank you for letting me get this off of my chest. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom