Saturday's Dinner - 7/30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Buffalo Chicken Nuggets,
Air-Fries,
Buttered Peas & Carrots...

Chicken Nuggets, Buffalo 7-30-22.jpg

Forgot pictures. Butter nuked summer squash boats with chicken tender patties. Finely minced 3 chicken tenders. Added 1 egg, a scant 8th tsp. Liquid smoke, 1 tsp. Tony's Creole Seasoning, and 5 Saltine crackers crushed into fine crumbs. Mixed it all together, heated a non-stick pan with a tbs. of olive oil. Formed chicken mixture into burger sizef pattie, and fried over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side. Crispy brown on the oitside; tender and juicy in the middle. Served with the last of my aioli. Maybe not gourmet, but sure satisfied.

If the creole seasoning was replaced with Chinese 5 spice, ginger, and soy sauce instead of liquid smoke (maybe add minced onion, garlic, and celery), this would make great meatballs to go with sweet & sour sauce.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

We ordered from our Favourite Greek resto. I had a souvlaki platter, DH had a chicken brochette. Both came with a salad, Greek roast potatoes, and rice pilaf. We also got a side order of dolmades, but probably won't get them next time. They are good, but not as good as they used to be from this resto. Plenty of potato and pilaf left for another day.

Found a single steak in the freezer so SO and I shared it. Sous vide NY strip cooked for 3 hours at 135ºF.

IMG_0251.jpg

Pretty shade of pink, Andy.

I slow cooked a 3.10 pound piece of chuck roast, about 2.5 pounds trimmed, for barbacoa. I ended up with three 8.45 ounce bags of finished meat. I thought I would get a little more than that. It's still delicious, and we still had enough. I heated up a can of Aldi refried beans, too.

IMG_20220730_204524516_HDR.jpg

Double smashed cheese burgers on the "fake" Blackstone, salt roasted yukon steak fries. Tomato, sliced red onion, butter pickels, mayo, toasted brioche buns. Table red wine from Aldi, some of ours call plonk. Phill Harper Jazz trumpet playlist. Everybody was happy.
Have a great night everyone!

I finished the mussels I had last night. Just as delish!

Didn't have "lunch" but snacked late afternoon on a potato salad I'd made. Not quite but very close to the worst potato salad I've ever had... LOL edible but...

We had Rib Eye steaks, thin cut. I've not tried those before and probably won't do them again. They were good, but cooked just one minute on each side, they were well done. Sides were COTC and air fried fresh potato chips. Yum!

IMG_6622 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom