Saturday's Dinner - 8/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Sausage & Peppers. Steamed Cauliflower
(Over-Steamed, actually)
The Hot Sauce seen in the corner
was gifted to me
.. So much character !
Just the right level of heat !...
Won't last long !

Sausage & Peppers 8-13-22.jpg

Was just in the need for comfort food, so I put a well-trimmed chuck roast into the crock-pot, added a can of cream of mushroom soup, half an envelope of onion soup mix, a bunch of chopped fresh mushrooms, and some red wine.

Let everyone get happy together and we had a sumptuous meal of beast with lots and lots of tasty gravy over mashed taters.

Apple crumble was our ending sweet.

The plan was for DH to grill burgers. He got the patties ready. He brought stuff outside to the grill; put the buns on the high rack on the grill; and fired it up. Then, when he went to put the burgers on the grill, he noticed that there was no flame. Okay, switch to the tank with a little bit of gas left. That didn't help. That tank probably leaked out the little bit of propane that was left, while it was sitting around.

We moved all the food into the kitchen. DH pulled out the cast iron skillet and fried up the burgers while I used the toaster oven for the buns. We had it with the coleslaw I made shortly before the grilling was supposed to start. So, after wasting our time attempting to grill, we still had an enjoyable supper.

Breaded baked eggplant slices with stir fry sauce, farro stew, oat-fruit cookies with dairy free chocolate chips.

We spent the day at the beach. Food included JimmyJohn's subs, cut into 40 3 inch mini subs, and packed in boxes. Varieties included turkey, BLT, and Italian. They were ok. JJ's subs aren't my favorites. We also had chips (including my favorite - Ruffles Original), corn chips various sodas, including Barques sugar free, fresh cut pineapple, and watermellon, ice water, and birthday cake with buttercream frosting. My favorite parts of the day were casting my fly line, with nothing attached to the tippet, and eating the fresh, juicy fruit. I enjoyed watching all of the adults (3 families with kids) play Botchie Ball. Just wish I was strong enough to play with them.

All in all, it was a good day.

Seeeeua; Chief Longwind of the North

Last edited:
Time totally got away from me today. By the time I was ready to start supper I was already getting hangry. Himself ran out for pizza again! - Can you tell we like this place? Two small pies, one House pizza (with all of the shingles, ie pepperoni, on one half) and the other BBQ chicken. Lots left. We then enjoyed dinner and a movie.

IMG_20220813_205339543_HDR.jpgIMG_20220814_005205674_HDR.jpg

My goodness, here it is barely 8 am and all your suppers sound sooo scrumptious! I'm getting hungry!

Remember those shrimp I shelled for the 'refrigerator dump jambalaya'?
Well, fried those up in butter with Japanese spice of Shichimi Togarashi. Used a slice of focaccia to sop up the sauce.
Last of the potato salad,
later on had some sweet potato bread with walnut and honey.

Back
Top Bottom