Saturday's Kitchen Effort - 6/26

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Woo-Hoo ! TWO glasses of Milk with Dinner tonight !

Buffalo Rolled Chicken Breast, Chili Fries (Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Salt),
Buttered Succotash (Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, S&P)

Chicken Breast, Rolled, Buffalo, Chili Fries.jpg

Nice, cool day, so I did some baking. Heated the oven for the cookies, then when they were done, raised the temp for seed bread. The women of New Zealand and Australia baked ANZAC biscuits (rolled oats, butter, sugar, golden syrup) for the troops in the Great War, and mailed them in tins, by the million. I prefer the crunchy sort.

sy26EWX.jpg

Mixed up some bread and let it rise in the greenhouse, then kneaded it and split it into loafpans. Back in the greenhouse while the bikkies baked. There's a heap of seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, millet, and poppy) in it, which yields a rather lumpy texture. Good, though.

PAo8rwc.jpg

Some bakers knead the dough and then roll it in the seeds, which stick to the outside and tend to fall off, making rather a mess. I mix 'em in before kneading. Not as pretty, but I'm a utilitarian baker.

Last edited:
Frank grilled ribeyes and fresh corn. He also made salads. I'm making a cherry cobbler which is baking as I type. No pictures, but tasty!

Pan fried boneless NY strip, potato salad and steamed corn cob.

strip_steak_062621_IMG_8215.jpg

Our groceries arrived at about a quart past five. By the time we had emptied the bags and put everything away, we were pooped. I didn't have time to regain enough spoons to make supper at a reasonable time and we were hungry. So, we ordered burrito bowls. They really hit the spot.

Found out GS likes pork chops so I thawed, brined and grilled a bunch of chops. I have to get used to his teenager appetite. He ate a chop and a half with pilaf and fresh veggies. Growing boy!

We had breakfast out so by dinner time, we weren't too hungry. So..

I chopped up some veggies, grabbed a packet of ramen noodles and dinner was done.

Cheese cake was dessert.

Ross

Supermarket sushi was pretty well prepared. Not as good as the amazing sushi available in Seattle, but pretty good just the same. Could have included more wasabi paste though.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Too hot to cook, to hot to eat. We had salads, shrimp cocktail, deviled eggs, and tuna salad sandwiches.

A/C went on Saturday night. Won't be so hot inside now. [emoji6]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom