Serbian Fish Fryer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
This outdoor fish fryer is home made and worked very well. What is it made of?
garden & BBQ 300.jpg

I have not run into that particular type of metal before, but it appears to be some type of anti-skid. You can see it has a definite pattern to it.

Just clicked in on this Bolas..I too think Aunt Bea wins the prize....I was gonna chime in on the Disk blade but I see my friend and neighbor PP Top (and others) beat me to it....Did you/they cook in the blade itself??? How/with what did they cover the (axle) hole in the center of blade..??

Hmmm...I use one as a compost bin...got another old washer hanging around the barn...never thought of converting it to a Serbian Fish Fryer...how does one do that?

Hmmm...I use one as a compost bin...got another old washer hanging around the barn...never thought of converting it to a Serbian Fish Fryer...how does one do that?

You may want to rethink that.
You can also convert an old washing machine into a chicken plucker ;)

The old round TV CRT tubes set on top of a 30 gallon trash can and topped with a wok made from the top of a 50 gallon steel drum also worked pretty well as a fryer. For most outdoor homemade cooking devices, draft control seems to be the major challenge; that's why I'm a fan of the big green egg, even though I make a lot of use out of my Weber-Stephen.
I try to minimize the amount of $0.50 per pound charcoal that I consume in making a meal. Ashes from a wood fire can often produce tastier food but, even though I'm retired, I do not use the wood ash method that often because of the time involved and paucity of appropriate trees on my property.

Back
Top Bottom