Sesame Sauce for Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I posted this in Sauces some time ago, and someone asked me about it so I am posting it here too. I can't remember who asked about it but here it is.

1/4 cup tahini paste
2 tbsp soy sauce (lighter is better)
1/4 tsp each of:
-ginger
-salt
-paprika (small tsp)
1 tbsp mayo (low fat is fine)
3 tbsp water
1 tsp prepared garlic (I use one fresh minced clove)

Original recipe says to heat it up and blend, I just toss it all in my little food processor and hit the button til it looks good. I also frequently add more soy sauce instead of water and a little extra garlic is good too. Serve with your BBQed steak.

Last edited:
I think I have heard the same thing, but not sure why you would do it. To me it is a different taste entirely. They do have the same consistency though.

Alix said:
I posted this in Sauces some time ago, and someone asked me about it so I am posting it here too. I can't remember who asked about it but here it is.

Alix, that sauce sounds fantastic, I copied it, but does it have to be cooked. I got rid of my nuker as I never used it. Guess I could just heat on the stove top.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sounds really tasty. I do not eat mayo though. Do you think I could leave it our and maybe use a little more tahini or tahini/soy or tahini water or something?

I guess the mayo is more or less a binder and smooths out the flavors. I'd leave it out and see what happens. Do you eat cream cheese? Maybe just a bit of that for firmness smoothed out with some milk? I'm brainstorming here and you know how bad it hurts to do that! :LOL: Sour cream? Greek yogurt? Nothing? :rolleyes:

I guess the mayo is more or less a binder and smooths out the flavors. I'd leave it out and see what happens. Do you eat cream cheese? Maybe just a bit of that for firmness smoothed out with some milk? I'm brainstorming here and you know how bad it hurts to do that! :LOL: Sour cream? Greek yogurt? Nothing? :rolleyes:
Wow there is not much I do not eat, but you happened to name all most all of them in one post :ROFLMAO:

No not really. I love semi soft and hard cheeses. I also love cream sauces, whipped cream, ice cream and things like that. It does seem that many of my dislikes are dairy though. I have never thought of that.

thank for ur this recipes , after my wife follow ur recipes cook for me , i lpve it so much , thank you .

Got my tastebuds a wondering!!! Sounds great! Always looking for a tasty condiment to go with steak!

I have a bunch of sesame seeds. Do you think I can make my own tahini paste putting them through the food processor? Would I have to add anything to them? This sounds like a wonderful sauce but I won't be out to get the tahini paste soon and I think Food Lion would probably not carry it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom